regedit tool

Eli

Hi

I`m looking for a free program ,better than the windows xp regedit function ,any suggestions?

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

Regsearch by Steelwerx. here

Registry Search Tool by Bill James. here

Regseeker by HoverDesk. here

edit: get a warning that this site wants to install ietag.dll, but you can still download Regseeker if you ignore it.

None require reboot. I like Regseeker best, but just my opinion.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Regsearch by Steelwerx. here

Registry Search Tool by Bill James. here

Regseeker by HoverDesk. here

edit: get a warning that this site wants to install ietag.dll, but you can still download Regseeker if you ignore it.

None require reboot. I like Regseeker best, but just my opinion.

Thank you for your links.

I have noticed that reg seeker finds keys, that I would not be able to find through the regular regedit, as it does not show by it`s name, in that case I would have to trust Reg seeker that it does a correct job...Did you have any incident with the program deleting a wrong key?

Thanks

You're welcome.

If it finds a key you don't recognize, you can double click on the entry in regseeker and it will open the native reg editor to that key, so you can see more about it. Also, it offers several options on a dropup (is that a word?) list from "action" there at the bottom, you can export it, delete it, etc.

I must confess that all I ever do with it is look for anomalous entries, then sometimes back them up and delete them, one baby step at a time. I don't know enough about the business to do much more than that.

No, never have had a wrong key deleted...baby steps...very afraid of that registry. It is unforgiving.

Should have mentioned earlier that ERUNT and NTREGOPT are indispensable for backing up the registry first, but I assumed you knew that. In case not, they are here.

Edit: Sometimes regseeker finds a word buried up in some key which I don't recognize, like a startup key if I remember correctly. In that case I just leave it alone. I would rather have an unused registry entry than to take a chance. If it is malaware I would just leave it to the experts.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

You're welcome.

If it finds a key you don't recognize, you can double click on the entry in regseeker and it will open the native reg editor to that key, so you can see more about it. Also, it offers several options on a dropup (is that a word?) list from "action" there at the bottom, you can export it, delete it, etc.

I must confess that all I ever do with it is look for anomalous entries, then sometimes back them up and delete them, one baby step at a time. I don't know enough about the business to do much more than that.

No, never have had a wrong key deleted...baby steps...very afraid of that registry. It is unforgiving.

Should have mentioned earlier that ERUNT and NTREGOPT are indispensable for backing up the registry first, but I assumed you knew that. In case not, they are here.

Edit: Sometimes regseeker finds a word buried up in some key which I don't recognize, like a startup key if I remember correctly. In that case I just leave it alone. I would rather have an unused registry entry than to take a chance. If it is malaware I would just leave it to the experts.

Thanks again. My idea of using that tool was to clean up what revo uninstaller "missed!?" but now it sounds more like playing with a bomb with out me knowing how I will end up.....so I rather count on revo uninstaller to make a good enough job as this program never messed up my computer, and if it did not deleted a registry key , it might be very well be because it is a shared one....(by other programs)

Thanks again