Windows 7 Home Premium

RiverRat

I've run CCleaner on my copy of Windows 7 Home Premium now for about 3 weeks. I have found that CCleaner takes 3 times as long to complete its windows tasks as it did when I was running XP. I am using the same settings as I did with XP. Is anyone else having the same problem? I did a clean install of 7. Iam running windows 7 home 32 bit. I noticed that when I unchecked windows tab, INTERNET explorer, temp INTERNET files,it runs like a greased pig as soon as I check the temp box it slows to a snails pace. The slowing problem is indeed the aforementioned file check. I unchecked all but the windows tab, INTERNET explorer, temp INTERNET files and it took a long time approx 30 sec to clean (I had previously cleaned the drive beforehand.) When I unchecked the file and checked all others it was done in seconds.

No. I didn't encounter that problem. I had Windows 7 Ultimate and it would launch and run CCleaner faster than Vista or XP. What edition of CCleaner are you using???? and maybe you have checked so many in the categories to clean.

What I experienced was the wipe free space option does make it a lot longer to complete and in the Internet Explorer cleaning options, having the autocomplete form history checked does make the cleaning process longer to complete.

Make sure you are using the latest version of CCleaner and that you don't have any other memory-consuming program that is opened or working at the same time you are doing a scan with CCleaner especially a virus scan.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

I've run CCleaner on my copy of Windows 7 Home Premium now for about 3 weeks. I have found that CCleaner takes 3 times as long to complete its windows tasks as it did when I was running XP. I am using the same settings as I did with XP. Is anyone else having the same problem. I did a clean install of 7.

You are running Windows 7 64 bit, correct?

I am not for certain on this, but it could be due to how the 64 bit OS handles 32 bit coded software. I am sure 32 bit versions probably do not have this problem. I am sure that Mr. Ron is probably aware of this & working on better 64 bit support, even as we speak.

Although I am not 100% certain this is coming from the 64 bit problems, I do know that 64 bit OS can have trouble running software coded for 32 bit, for whatever reason, even though it is supposed to run it. It also is a known that 64 bit OS trying to emulate or run 32 bit software can go much slower than say, a 64 bit version.

It will be interesting to see how this is handled, and if he will be releasing a 64 bit version + 32 bit version, or integrate both versions into a single .exe & implement a check to see if the OS is 32 or 64 bit, then launch the appropriate version!

I would rather see the integrated approach myself, so if I were running it portably, I would not have to select between 64 or 32 bit. I am not 100% certain on this, but I am thinking this is where the problem is that you are having.

No. I didn't encounter that problem. I had Windows 7 Ultimate and it would launch and run CCleaner faster than Vista or XP. What edition of CCleaner are you using???? and maybe you have checked so many in the categories to clean.

What I experienced was the wipe free space option does make it a lot longer to complete and in the Internet Explorer cleaning options, having the autocomplete form history checked does make the cleaning process longer to complete.

Make sure you are using the latest version of CCleaner and that you don't have any other memory-consuming program that is opened or working at the same time you are doing a scan with CCleaner especially a virus scan.

Is everyone talking about the free version of Ccleaner, because I haven't seen anywhere that it is recommended for win 7.

"free version" ? What do you mean ? There's only one version of CCleaner, and it's free...

Is everyone talking about the free version of Ccleaner, because I haven't seen anywhere that it is recommended for win 7.

Piriform French translator