Print Option

lek

So far, this version (1.00.057 Beta) has been working great on several Dell systems.

I would like to see an option to save the specs (all or selected) to a text file. This

would be invaluable to put in a documentation folder.

Also, add whether the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit.

And as much info on the network adapters as possible (wireless too).

Thanks for a great product. I'm anxious to see the next version!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm a greenhorn of sorts.

A friend was trying to help me with my computer needs and when needing information suggested I try Speccy so I could tell him what I have running on my comupter. I've found the only way to "tell" him is to read and type in note pad or use the Snipping Tool and sending it as a picture.

When I go under file my two options are:

load snap shot or save snap shot.

The save snap shot gets me to File name: which fills in automatically the name of my computer and then Save as type: and then again I get two opptions;

a) All files(*.*) or

B) Specy files (*.speccy) .

Neither will open with the information I can see and read. So this ends up being a lot of work for me to learn and then try and explain to some one who is going to help me.

Great info but a bunch of finger work for me to communicate to others.

Am I doing some thing wrong? It sound like what others are commenting on here so I thought I'd place my information of what I've come across here.

Best Regards,

ajpaavo

Peace,

ajpaavo

Well you should be able to send your .speccy file to your friend,

and as long as they have speccy they should be able to use "load snapshot" to see you system for themselves.

Most of us here would prefer that piriform don't force a proprietary format on release version as it would nullify some of its usefulness (as you have noticed).

fireryone

• 11 years later...
  • Moderators

Please check the dates on threads before replying - You have replied to a thread where the previous post is over 11 years old.

Speccy has for years now had a 'Save as text file' option in the file menu.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043