blueyonder PCguard

MacmillaN

It is the sort of thing that all ISP's should be doing, although it should not be an optional download, it should be mandatory.

But they should also recommend the freebies such as MSAS, spybot, ad-aware, plus free and paid for anti-virus and firewall software.

It is still surprising how many uneducated internet users there are out there.

It would then be a big step in the right direction to eliminating a majority of the malware that is circulating the internet, meaning improved surfing for everyone due to a smaller amount of traffic.

• Moderators

I can get something simmilar with my isp (Adelphia). Its called freedom internet security. The thing with these all in one type programs is that they do everything but nothing very well. I would rather get my AV from an AV company, my firewall from a firewall company, ect. These programs are just too bloated. Do you really need an antispam(shouldnt if you have Thunderbird) or a pop up blocker?

Thats just my take on it though. If you tried it and like it why not use it for free. I'm curious to see if anyone else here uses your isp though.(I've never heard of it before.)

I can get something simmilar with my isp (Adelphia). Its called freedom internet security. The thing with these all in one type programs is that they do everything but nothing very well. Iof it before.)

The isp that i use ,is Bell.They have the same crap internet security.Like i said on another topic,the computer was crashing each day.So yes,you dont need protection if the computer is off :lol:

Because of their software, i changed my computer.After i installed the software on another computer,same thing. :D

I dont suggest to anyone, to install this "security program".

Just my opinion...

That would be why I have never heard of it then. :lol:

Do you agree that it should be mandatory for people to download it when signing up with an ISP though?

All the PC's that I sort out have no form of protection on them whatsoever, making me think that it is actually a minority of internet users that are properly protected.

At least if some form of protection, that updates itself, is forced on an internet user then it will mean more internet users are going to be less likely of getting infected.

Advanced users can uninstall the mandatory software, and install their own preferred software as we all do in here.

Edit:

I might join a totally non-computer related forum, if I can find one that looks half decent and seems fairly active, and make a post about computer security software, just to see what comes up.

I think the results could be surprising, so I will probably include CCleaner and lunarsoft in my sig whilst I am there to help educate a few more people.

• Moderators

I would rather them include it on a cd with the modem and just suggest that you install it and/or add it as part of the instructions of setting up your internet. Honestly who wouldnt use it if they didnt already have any security programs. I think most users would install it willingly. I just dont like the idea of anything on my pc being mandatory, even something like an av that I would have anyway.

A lot of people are not aware of the implications and the need to install such software, my nephew for instance did 3 years at university and graduated with a degree in computer science, yet he thinks simple operations such as cleaning and defragging a comp are a waste of time.

This proves how even people who are educated in computers can think, which means the only option is to actually force software on them.

Otherwise it is a never ending battle that will see the malware developers win hands down.

• Moderators

I have given up on the idea that their will be a time with no malware. Their is just to much of this crap in circulation to ever be truely rid of it. I have a relative whose ISP actually cut their internet off when she got a trojan on her pc. I had to go fix it and to no surprise she had absolutely no antimalware programs on her pc. I guess in this cased a forced av program would have been a good idea. But like I said I don't like the idea of anything being forced on me.

• Moderators
Sadly it's a part of life.  Consider the government.

Actually us living in the US we are very fortunate when it comes to our government. Don't get me wrong I dont think its perfect here or anything but when I look at countries like Saudi Arabia or Iran and I thank god that I'm here.

I'm not going to get into politics with you though, because I know for a fact that I disagree with you on many issues.