Cloud Anti-Virus 1.0 From Panda

New_Age

I have seen Panda around but never tried any of their Software cause you had to pay for it. Now Panda released their Freeware Anti-virus App.

Download HERE and see what you can cough up out of it. Give your Thoughts and Opinions.

Wiki

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

This one also looks promising. According to PCWorld, a test was done on Panda CAV during it's beta stage, and the results were VERY impressive.

Rather than using your PC's processing power, this cloud-based app sends data about potentially malicious files and programs to Panda's servers for analysis. The approach is intended to take advantage of the latest signatures without the need for signature-database updates--and if its excellent showing at detecting malware in AV-Test.org's zoo of half a million samples is any indication, the approach works. Panda's app produced an impressive 99.4 percent overall detection rate.

Panda got the highest detection rates; Avira, Avast, AVG etc. were all below Panda CAV by at least a point.

• Moderators

I've tried two previous 0.8 or 0.9 Beta builds, not bad, however not perfect either. The only issue I had with it was some external drives like USB Thumb Drives being very slow to access with it which was something I just couldn't deal with.

I don't know how they've dealt with exclusions as of yet, but it was weird before.

There's a good Softpedia editors review of it too.