Recuva doesn't launch!

elpepe

Hi everybody,

I just installed Recuva in my PC. When a try to run the software a window of Recuva opens and in a second it closes again!. I cannot see if there's some message error or something that infoms me about the problem. I have PC with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 2.01 GHz, 1GB of RAM, with a Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP3 (32 bits).

Can anybody help me?

PS: I already reinstalled the app two times without success

• Moderators

Which browser are you using? Try a different one if you have more than one browser installed.

Don't use a download manager.

Are you choosing to save the download to your desktop and then installing it from there?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Which browser are you using? Try a different one if you have more than one browser installed.

Don't use a download manager.

Are you choosing to save the download to your desktop and then installing it from there?

I tried to be very careful in every step. I am sure I did exactly what it was necessary but there's another problem. I consider myself an expert user but bow I am astonished ....this is not the first time I've got troubles with a new app but it is the first of this kind....

• 3 weeks later...
The app was installed. It opens but in a second or less, it closes again...

I changed to version 1.33 without success. It opens just a second and it closes again. There's some log file that I could check to see what it's going on?

By the way I installed version 1.33 in another PC with a Pentium processor and it works OK

• Moderators

This has happened before, and it was more or less assumed that a conflict with some other software could have been the culprit.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=23607

Unfortunately, the cause was never discovered, but I'm wondering which A/V and Firewall you use?

A second thought is to try the portable version hazel mentions, and see if the same thing happens.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/builds

Hi everybody,

I just installed Recuva in my PC. When a try to run the software a window of Recuva opens and in a second it closes again!. I cannot see if there's some message error or something that infoms me about the problem. I have PC with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 2.01 GHz, 1GB of RAM, with a Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP3 (32 bits).

Can anybody help me?

PS: I already reinstalled the app two times without success

hi, I am having the same problem on a Pentium Intel M Laptop by Dell running windows xp sp3 32bit. I downloaded from file hippo. Install went through without a hitch. When I launch the program, a wizard appears and then disappears within seconds. I saw the process start in windows process viewere in task manager, but it instantly goes away. The program runs for literally 1 second then closes itself. I ran the software useing the /debug parameter and came out with this log file:

***** Log *****

Recuva_log[1_33-451][30-11-2009_14-0]

[2009-11-30 14:00:02] [iNFO ] Recuva v1.33.451

[2009-11-30 14:00:02] [iNFO ] System Info: MS Windows XP Professional SP3, Intel Pentium M processor 1.73GHz, 767MB RAM, ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300

***** End Log *****

There was one anti malware suite on the computer, McAfee Firewall, McAfee Browser Protection & McAfee Virus Protection. I have since uninstalled all of those programs, reinstalled recuva to no avail.

I have also tried cleaning out the system using other spyware / a/v suites such as avg, spybot s&d. After performing these tasks, uninstalling & reinstalling recuva, still no go on launching of recuva.

I have deep scanned for viruses and malware, but the system seems pretty well kept up and I don't see any oddities in the computer that would suggest an infection of sorts.

Anyhow, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents as this is absolutely 100% unusable in this scenario with Windows xp sp3. Do you have any other ideas except for some interference by some A/V program?

• Moderators

What happens if you run an earlier version (see on right of page)

http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva/

What happens if you download 1.33 using Internet Explorer and then run Recuva?

What happens if you run Recuva in safe mode?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com