JRE 6 Update 17

Jamin4u

It is my understanding starting with version 6 R11, the installation of Java updates also results in the preceding version being uninstalled.

I've been using JavaRa for about a year now. Questions:

1. Do you still recommend using JavaRa versus relying on the most recent Java update to uninstall the previous Java version on one's system?

2. If JavaRa is still recommended, what is the preferred approach: Use Add/remove programs first and then use JavaRa or only use JavaRa? I searched the forum, and found the below post, but didn't see any resolution. (Perhaps this is splitting hairs.)

post-23766-1257442447_thumb.jpg

post-23766-1257442447_thumb.jpg

It is my understanding starting with version 6 R11, the installation of Java updates also results in the preceding version being uninstalled.

I've been using JavaRa for about a year now. Questions:

1. Do you still recommend using JavaRa versus relying on the most recent Java update to uninstall the previous Java version on one's system?

2. If JavaRa is still recommended, what is the preferred approach: Use Add/remove programs first and then use JavaRa or only use JavaRa? I searched the forum, and found the below post, but didn't see any resolution. (Perhaps this is splitting hairs.)

I usually just install Java over the old version then run JavaRa's 'Remove old versions' and 'Remove useless files' functions.