CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
beatlebryce

Sound is off

I installed Windows 7 and i guess there is some configuration that is making my sounds a little "tinney" (i think that's the word). It doesn't sound very direct, like its passing through something. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy SE, latest drivers from Creative. Any ideas?

Oh, my bad. I meant "off" as in the sound isnt right, it's strange. I just realised how my title might be distracting haha.

it sounds like there is an echo almost. ever played the same song twice at the same time (double)? its like that kinda

Are the latest drivers "win7" drivers of just vista one?

The driver may not be fully compatible yet, I got some unofficial drivers for my SB Extreme Gamer card of one of their forums....

Well, makes no sense to me, but I found the fix. Yes, the drivers are fully compatible, it was the setup that needed tweaking. When I first installed it, i set it to 2.1 speaker setup. That's how it was for XP and sound was perfect. I toyed with it, and I set it as 7.1 speakers, and now its fine. I don't know why that is, considering I have 2 speakers and a sub, but it's fine now. Strange, but no complaints here

When I first installed it, i set it to 2.1 speaker setup. That's how it was for XP and sound was perfect. I toyed with it, and I set it as 7.1 speakers, and now its fine. I don't know why that is, considering I have 2 speakers and a sub, but it's fine now. Strange, but no complaints here

Good job on fixing it! That is very strange :huh: , would've never guessed that to be the cause.

Unusual fix,

Keep an "ear" on it though as when I set my sound to more speakers that I have.

3D sounds/voices seemed to go to speakers that didn't exist, and I missed definition and voices...