Windows Explorer Problem

ftpkevk

I have been using CC for years with no problems on 6 different machines, told my boss to install it on his company laptop, 64 bit XP Pro O/S, now Windows Explorer is buggy to say the least, right click functionality cut/copy/paste disappears and/or isn't working - he's not a happy camper!! I suggested running the Registry Cleanup function, he wasn't interested - any other suggestions or shall I tell him just to install. It did remove about 4.6 GB of data from the first run

I have been using CC for years with no problems on 6 different machines, told my boss to install it on his company laptop, 64 bit XP Pro O/S, now Windows Explorer is buggy to say the least, right click functionality cut/copy/paste disappears and/or isn't working - he's not a happy camper!! I suggested running the Registry Cleanup function, he wasn't interested - any other suggestions or shall I tell him just to install. It did remove about 4.6 GB of data from the first run

Welcome to the forum.

I would be interested to see what options he had checked, especially on the Windows tab. It sounds to me like he may have deleted some little bits of malware, and now kinda like removing the rust from a '72 Vega, the thing is falling apart because the rust was holding it together. Have you done the usual malware scans and checked to see if the system was up to date? Have you run a check disk? Have you run sfc? And most important, have you backed up your data and settings!?

Let us know what you find. This is a very helpful forum, so even if these suggestions don't get you on your way, someone else will probably be along shortly to offer other tips.