CCleaner on Win 7 and IE8

bimbobo

Unchecking Java did not help..

It's not only downloading a software but also opening a Pdf file from the internet.

Only rebooting PC helps...

Is it really possible that this has not been fixed yet.

It has been there since Win 7 and IE8 came out.

Regards

Win 7 and 8.1 64 bit

Hi,

We are still trying to come up with a solution for this, but we haven't been able to reproduce in house so it is hard to fix it.

Have you been able to narrow down which cleaning rule is possibly causing this issue? Is it "Temporary Internet Files"?

Thank you for your patience.

For some reason my 1st reply didn't get posted. I was having the same issue and was able to narrow it down to CCleaner trying to clean flash cookies. I de-selected Adobe Flash Player in the programs tab and everything is working like it should. If you want/need to delete flash cookies have a look here and it will show you how to do from the Adobe website.

This as been working for me for a couple of days now...

• Moderators

iKidd that's a good tutorial thanks.

Admins and Devs The above link does suggest downloading CCLeaner from an unofficial site "ninite.com" this site seems suspisious to me and moresoover is not (AFAIK) given permission to distribute CCLeaner, that said it looks like they are a download manager and may well be pulling the download from the Piriform site, I did think you should know though

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

New version same issue...

@ikidd,

""For some reason my 1st reply didn't get posted. I was having the same issue and was able to narrow it down to CCleaner trying to clean flash cookies. I de-selected Adobe Flash Player in the programs tab and everything is working like it should. If you want/need to delete flash cookies have a look here and it will show you how to do from the Adobe website.""

I did try it too, did not help..

Regards

Win 7 and 8.1 64 bit

• 1 month later...
Thanks, we'll look into this.

Another version same issue..

Are you really looking into this+

I am NDA for Skype, we have tools that can get logs for everything Skype does when testing..

Do you have such tools too?

Is there any other in this forum experiencing that when CCleaner "cleans", and you try to download a software, then you cannot and PC needs a reboot to be able to download a software again?

Regards

Win 7 and 8.1 64 bit