Files moved to new location and lock up when accessed

:(

I noticed that some files are no longer in the original file.

Example a pdf file for the automobile file was found in the file on what to do when upgrading to Windows 7.

This is not a problem that only occurs with pdf files, other types of files have been effected. These files when clicked on by either the right mouse button or double clicked by the left mouse button locks up Windows Explorer.

To get out of the lock up, I use Ctl+Alt+Del and choose the file. It says not responding and I click to close it out.

Closing it out helps but the only way to access or delete these files is with an eraser program that I have.

I first noticed this problem with the last version of Defraggler (Not the Newest one, that I havent't installed as yet).

I'm Using Windows XP Sp2 as I thought Sp3 might be the problem I removed it. However I don't know if the newest version of defraggler downloaded Oct 23, 2009 will help.

Can any one help? I don't know if I should continue to use defraggler !

:(

I noticed that some files are no longer in the original file.

Example a pdf file for the automobile file was found in the file on what to do when upgrading to Windows 7.

This is not a problem that only occurs with pdf files, other types of files have been effected. These files when clicked on by either the right mouse button or double clicked by the left mouse button locks up Windows Explorer.

To get out of the lock up, I use Ctl+Alt+Del and choose the file. It says not responding and I click to close it out.

Closing it out helps but the only way to access or delete these files is with an eraser program that I have.

I first noticed this problem with the last version of Defraggler (Not the Newest one, that I havent't installed as yet).

I'm Using Windows XP Sp2 as I thought Sp3 might be the problem I removed it. However I don't know if the newest version of defraggler downloaded Oct 23, 2009 will help.

Can any one help? I don't know if I should continue to use defraggler !

This may be a problem with Defraggler, however, it may also be an indication that your harddisk is going bad.

It may have had trouble reading certain sectors & moved files to a location it can read better.

Check to see if your drive is damaged.

Thanks for the information, however after running chkdsk on both C: drive and D: drives there was no error found.

I did find that the same problem has also shown up in my music files on D: drive. They seem to be ok just in the wrong file location.

Could both drives be giving me problems?

:unsure: