MS Office Picture Manager

Prestonian

When I open Ccleaner and look at the Applications to be cleaned list, a program called MS Office Picture Manager is always listed. As I do not have this program installed on my PC I would like to delete this from the Ccleaner list. (Have checked through Registry and cannot find a key for this Program). Any ideas please?

I believe it comes with Microsoft office.

Yes - that's why I'm puzzled as I don't have Office installed. I was wondering if all users of Ccleaner had this program on their list of applications by default and regardless of whether it is actually installed?

• Moderators

Possibly something like some viewer, etc., from Microsoft. I don't know really but CCleaner lists Office 2003 on my mothers laptop which she doesn't have installed - I just ignore it and never tick the box because it doesn't exist on her system since she uses OpenOffice.

Possibly something like some viewer, etc., from Microsoft. I don't know really but CCleaner lists Office 2003 on my mothers laptop which she doesn't have installed - I just ignore it and never tick the box because it doesn't exist on her system since she uses OpenOffice.

Thanks - this and the previous post solve the mystery. I do have the key referred to in the penultimate post - it came with the free standalone MS Excel Viewer. It looks to me as though the Ccleaner programmer has assumed that Picture Manager will always co-exist with Office which is not the case with the various Viewer programs. Ideally Ccleaner need to give Picture Manager a more specific detect key so that it will be detected only when Picture Manager is actually installed.

Thanks again for the info - hopefully this issue might get corrected at some point.

• Moderators
Thanks - this and the previous post solve the mystery. I do have the key referred to in the penultimate post - it came with the free standalone MS Excel Viewer.

I installed that quite some time ago just to read attachments in my sons emails, and I got the same thing exactly in CCleaner.