Arovax Shield 1.1.162 has been released.

Arovax

• 1 month later...

Dear CCleaner forum users!

We are happy to announce major Arovax Shield update. Released version is 1.2.

A whole set of new features and functionalities was added.

The most important among them are:

* We added Firefox Support! Finally Firefox users can enjoy full functionality of Arovax Shield.

* Great Live Update feature added. Live update - is a realtime update of Arovax Shield. Now each Arovax Shield user can press Start -> Programms -> Arovax Shield -> Arovax Shield LiveUpdate and have his Arovax Shield up to date with renewed version without visiting our website.

* We updated Arovax Shield GUI (Graphical User Interface) with beautiful new elements (checkbox, combobox). You will certainly like new Arovax Shield layout!

* We fixed several bugs as well, among them correct shutdown of application before uninstall, few minor functionality bugs.

You can Download latest version of Arovax Shield from our Download section.

In general Arovax Shield became much more functional, stable and beautiful. And the most important - it is completely FREE.

Enjoy it!

Just thought I'd post up my thoughts on this. The error above is a problem on my PC, not the programn itself.

Anti-spyware wise, this programn really is good. I did a test just to see whether how good it is, I simply piked up as many tracking cookies as possible. Arovax found them all, but when I looked at MSAS and hit View All Bloocked Events under real time protection, it just said; "You do not currently have any blocked items".

Considering this was simple tracking cookies, and MSAS couldn't pick it up, then Arovax really is ahead.

So, for spyware shield wise, this is by far the best. Thank you Arovax!

P.S Does anyone use ewido as an anti-spyware scanner, is it any good? Its free, but you have to pay after a period of time, is that true?

So, for spyware shield wise, this is by far the best. Thank you Arovax!

Thank you for your words man, we really appreciate your feedback!

P.S Does anyone use ewido as an anti-spyware scanner, is it any good? Its free, but you have to pay after a period of time, is that true?

Consider downloading Arovax AntiSpyware Alpha. It's free as well ;)

Thank you,

-Arovax

Hmm, I really don't want to use an alpha programn on my PC, just in case it causes problems... I've been quickly doing some more tests with your programn, it is really good, but doesn't get rid of all tracking cookies.

I basically cleared the log of all stuff blocked, and then went hunting for some more tracking cookies, then checked my log, and loads had been blocked. I then scanned my PC with NoAdware and more were on my PC, though I think your programn may not have picked them up as they are not really considered spyware, indeed, one of the cookies was a cookie for this forum!

• Moderators

Ewido is a very good spyware scanner. I use it to clean some of the most severe infections and often it does a better job than an antivirus would(on trojans, keyloggers, ect).

You only have to pay for the real time protection. The updates to the scanner must be done manually (like adaware free) but the scanner is fully functional and free. I will have a review of ewido being put on the main page of lunarsoft within the next few days.

When you say manually, what you just hit check for updates and it does them as such? If so I think I might get this, and use Arovax Shield as my real scanner. then I'll have these anti-spyware scanners:

Ad-Aware SE Personal

Microsoft AntiSpyware

NoAdware (Might get rid of considering its bad history)

Ewido

Note on NoAdware: NoAdware was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives and the use of aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2, 3) including exploitation of the name "ad-aware" (1). Earlier versions of NoAdware were also the same underlying application as Adware Hitman, Consumer Identity, Protect Your Identity, SpyBan, SpywareAssassin, Spyware C.O.P., SpywareKilla, The Adware Hunter, & TheSpywareKiller. Over the past few months, NoAdware has taken aggressive steps to reign in its affiliates (who were primarily responsible for the unsavory advertising) and released a new version of NoAdware (version 3.0) that addresses our concerns with false positves. Given these changes we can no longer regard NoAdware as "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.

Source

Therefore, I wouldn't touch it and wouldn't advse anyone else to use it.

I've started to recommend the product, though I personally do not use it.

But don't be offended, I don't use any real time protection at all.  Just my Outpost Pro firewall.

I don't use none of that either. I just feel protected with FireFox and Windows Firewall. Can't forget about Avast! My settings on FireFox are well planned out and easy. I'm protected.... B)