Arovax Shield 1.1.162 has been released.

Arovax

Pull off a completely free spyware/adware scanner and I'll definitely look into it.  Especially if it can beat Spybot (which shouldn't be hard, since Spybot is lagging behind terribly).

At the moment Arovax develops spyware/adware Scanner, but it is not yet decided on how it will be distributed.

spybot Resident sucks. it doesnt let me chose a no option. it only let's me select yes. i cant even see the text on the window too.

Although this doesn't seem to be your only problem with SpyBot, you can hit "A" for accept or "D" for deny when the window pops up. They are aware of the problem but it seems strange it's taking so long to fix it... :angry:

• Moderators

The best antispyware guard that I have seen is MSAS. The thing is that I dont think that these types of scanners are needed. I think if you have a firewall, an antivirus, spyware blaster, and use firefox you should be just fine.

Just scan once every couple of weeks and you should be spyware free. If you have just tons of scanners running all the time it will really bog down your pc.

The best antispyware guard that I have seen is MSAS. The thing is that I dont think that these types of scanners are needed. I think if you have a firewall, an antivirus, spyware blaster, and use firefox you should be just fine.

Just scan once every couple of weeks and you should be spyware free. If you have just tons of scanners running all the time it will really bog down your pc.

I am sorry, Rridgeley, but in my opinion I have to admit that your statement is incorrect.

First, you should not think that Firefox is invulnerable. It's invulnerable as long as it's unpopular. As soon as the number of its users is comparable to those of IE, Firefox bugs will come up as well. It's open source and it's easier to find bugs having source code on hands. Moreover, there was a precedent already - bugs that allow executing .exe file where found in Firefox.

Second, Spyware Blaster is far away from an ideal antispyware solution, if you like it - use it, it's good, but it doesn't mean its perfect and will save you from all harm on Internet. No one is perfect. If a perfect spyware solution would exist - we wouldn't have spyware problem nowadays.

Third, each good type of product on the security market has its own niche to fill. And preventing spyware from infiltrating the PC and scanning PC for spyware are two different things. Doing scan every two weeks without having a good preventive engine won't save you - during two weeks your private information can be exposed hundred times.

Thank you

-Arovax

I have to agree with Avorax, I run loads on mine, and proud of it in fact if it had not of been for all doing there job last night, when my girlfriend entered a doggy site, this computer would of stopped dead, the main two that stopped it was Avorax Shield and Avast.

sigforforums.jpg

Signature made with paintnet

rridgely is quite accurate in reality.

MSAS is one of the best anti-spyware real-time guards available. A firewall, av, a secure browser and Spyware Blaster do help a lot.

The best thing to have is knowledge. I run a firewall on my computer, though I do not have any active/real time anti-virus or anti-spyware on my computer.

Firefox is an excellent browser, it takes needed security measures by not allowing numerous popups to appear and blocking things such as ActiveX.

Another reason it is an excellent browser is because it is not based on the IE Core. That alone allows for so many issues to occur. Maxthon is one of the browsers that is based on the IE Core. Hell, it's formerly known as MyIE2.

Spyware Blaster is an excellent application as well. It should be one of the first items to use when you install malware protection, as it can stop existing malware on a computer from functioning properly.

Scanning varies on your activities. I haven't scanned for viruses in months, nor am I worried about it. It's been a month since I scanned for malware as well. Two weeks is a good average for users. If you are a novice to the computer field you should use MSAS real-time protection agent. It alerts you the instant something happens. --Spybot's real time monitors don't do that. WinPatrol doesn't do anywhere near as good as MSAS real-time agent. Unless the user is an expert, any user should have a real time anti-virus, MSAS real time protection agent to protect against malware and a firewall. That would be the bare minimum, too.

• Moderators

This is the problem with programs like winpatrol and maybe yours (I still havent tried it yet.) Inexperienced pc users or the ones who would need this type of program will not have it set up correctly. Then it will be causing more harm than good.

Like Tarun said the best defense is knowledge.

Inexperienced pc users or the ones who would need this type of program will not have it set up correctly.

Please try to install Arovax Shield and take your own look on it. We did our best in order to simplify interface for average internet user not to get lost in tonns of settings.

We wrote an Article called "Two Whales" about fighting against spyware/malware/adware. I would like you guys to read it in our Blog.

You can discuss the article and leave your comments in our Blog as well. As always we will appreciate feedback from you guys.

I hope this article will be helpfull for both: those who are new to Internet and do not know much about threats which it can bring as well as advanced users who might find something usefull in it. B)

Thank you!

-Arovax

As a lot of us in here use firefox, I guess we will have to wait then.

IMO, IE Shells such as Avant Browser or Maxthon > Firefox

i use Avant Browser because it loads webpages faster than with firefox(i've tested this and Avant loads about 1 second earlier but on big webpages), and it loads faster when i click the Avant Browser icon :)

IMO, IE Shells such as Avant Browser or Maxthon > Firefox

i use Avant Browser because it loads webpages faster than with firefox(i've tested this and Avant loads about 1 second earlier but on big webpages), and it loads faster when i click the Avant Browser icon :)

You obviously haven't tweaked it.