Arovax Shield 1.1.162 has been released.

Arovax

Dear CCleaner forum community!

Consider the possibility of downloading and testing of a new freeware tool - Arovax Shield at http://www.arovaxshield.com and post your comments about it here. We would be very glad to hear what you think about this program.

Arovax Shield? is a brand new type of personal security solution that is unlike any firewall, anti-virus or spyware remover.

Rather than looking for spyware traces or tracking applications that secretly send or receive data over the Internet, Arovax Shield blocks any attempt by malicious software to add entries to the auto-start menu, change the registry, hijack or install itself into a browser or find any other way to stealthy get itself onto a PC.

You can Download Arovax Shield for free from our Download Page.

Thank you!

-Arovax

Hi just downloaded and running your program you recommended, and have also joined your forum, will keep you informed how it performs with my antivirus I have installed which is Avast.

sigforforums.jpg

Signature made with paintnet

It's being 2 months since we released first build of Arovax Shield - and right now we are on same technological level with Prevx and Winpatrol, which are there for a very long time. We raise functionality with our each new release, that is why we are absolutely confident, that in the nearest future users will not compare, but will choose us as a leader in this field of Online security industry of XXI century.

More than that - Arovax Shield is absolutely free for use ;)

WinPatrol is now obsolete on my comp as it seem's to do exactly the same as MSAS, but about 5 minutes later.

If Arovax Shield is on the same level as WinPatrol at the moment, then surely it is lagging behind MSAS as well, which will mean it has some way to go yet.

How does this program compare to those other programs with resource usage? Also do you have an estimate of how many people there are right now using this program?

Arovax Shield right now uses about 8-10 Mb of memory (it's all due to graphical GUI and using of Internet Explorer windows). According to our Statistics - more than 50 000 users downloaded and use Arovax Shield during the last two months.

WinPatrol is now obsolete on my comp as it seem's to do exactly the same as MSAS, but about 5 minutes later.

If  Arovax Shield is on the same level as WinPatrol at the moment, then surely it is lagging behind MSAS as well, which will mean it has some way to go yet.

Arovax Shield is a different level program comparing with Microsoft AntiSpyware.

MSAS scans and looks for spyware, it ALSO has SOME functions of Shield, but not all.

More than that - MSAS is about to become paid. Arovax Shield works like a firewall in registry/hosts file/cookies. Arovax Shield prevents installation of spyware/trojan/viruses to the Startup and informs User about possible attack...

It's small, it's VERY easy-to-use, it's convenient and it's "cute" ;) Arovax Shield is exactly what most average Internet surfers need as a first wall of their PC security fortress.

Thank you,

-Arovax

• Moderators

Thank you for answering my question. I do give your company more credit for not just sending spambots to forums.

I'm not going to debate how your program compares to microsoft antispy because I havent tried it yet (I will soon). But where did you get the info that it is soon going to not be free anymore? The site itself says that it will stay free.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...ftware/faq.mspx

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your program, any attempt to increase security is a step in the right direction as far as I am concerned.

More than that  - MSAS is about to become paid.

Do you know for definate that "MSAS is about to become paid", I hope not I like it.

It's small, it's VERY easy-to-use, it's convenient and it's cute ;)

"It's small, it's VERY easy-to-use" appeals to me, but "cute" don't, my daughters cute, but she ain't gonna protect my computer.

Arovax Shield is exactly what most average Internet surfers need as a first wall of their PC security fortress.

How do I know if I am an average Internet surfer or not?

Thank you for answering my question. I do give your company more credit for not just sending spambots to forums.

I'm not going to debate how your program compares to microsoft antispy because I havent tried it yet (I will soon). But where did you get the info that it is soon going to not be free anymore? The site itself says that it will stay free.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...ftware/faq.mspx

Here is a small quote by MS representative, stating that MSAS will be available ONLY for licensed Windows users and Enterprise version will be paid. What this means is - if you have a non-registered version of Windows - next time you update it - it will be blocked.

As we have been saying since day one, Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware will be available at no charge to licensed users of Windows. Users who validate their Windows install through WGA will be allowed to download the AntiSpyware beta, as well as the full standalone version of AntiSpyware when it releases to the web. The enterprise version of Windows AntiSpyware is targeted to companies who want to centrally manage their Windows AntiSpyware infrastructure. The enterprise version of Windows AntiSpyware will be available for a cost

Well, that's not the point of my Post anyways. The point is - MSAS and Arovax Shield are different types of security products and they can not be compared.

In the end, it's always up to you what to install and what to use. It's a free country. If you install and use Arovax Shield - we are always here on our company websites or forums to help you with whatever help you need.

Thank you!

-Arovax

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your program, any attempt to increase security is a step in the right direction as far as I am concerned.

That is what we believe in and that is what we do. Putting all our efforts into increasing Internet surfers' PC Security with our software products so we are on the same boat ;)

"It's small, it's VERY easy-to-use" appeals to me, but "cute" don't, my daughters cute, but she ain't gonna protect my computer.

Well, maybe it's a wrong word i picked up. But the point is - it looks good and easy, hangs in tray and does not bother you most of the time and addresses you only when something is going on. That is my subjective point of view. You are free to install, check it out and make your own conclusions or suggestions on how to improve it. That is why i am here for - for you to be heard when you have anything to say about our product, either it will be a test-comment or a suggestion.

How do I know if I am an average Internet surfer or not?

I am sorry i did not mean to hurt your feelings in any way. With "average internet surfer" i meant an "average Joe" - not advanced PC user who is confused in all the variety of PC security programs coming in daily. I am confident that Arovax will become a first obstacle for all sorts of malware trying to infiltrate such user's PC. We really tried to make it user-friendly.

Thank you

-Arovax

I am sorry i did not mean to hurt your feelings in any way. With "average internet surfer" i meant an "average Joe" - not advanced PC user who is confused in all the variety of  PC security programs coming in daily.

You did not hurt my feelings. :)

I am not confused as to what security programs I use, but I need to be sure that any I do use are going to give me the protection I need.

I regularly sort out computers that are riddled with malware of all sorts, and when sorting these computers out I sometimes have to google certain items that seem to be very problematic, by doing this I can stumble across a site that claims to provide help in removing the problem, but can in actual fact try to make things worse.

This is why I need to know that I am protected as much as possible.

I also occasionally make my computer open to attack just to make sure that I could of made it more secure by using other methods, if only to prove to myself what is and is not safe to use, and in doing so realise that I could end up with a non-functioning computer, but then hey, who cares, i will just reinstall it.

Your software will be tried by me at some point.

Thank You, Arovax, for trying to help others.

hmmmmmm

right now im using it and so far it hasnt done anything(most likely meaning that nothing bad has happened to me). of course i had to get rid of WinPatrol since it does the same thing and it sucks.

• Moderators

Nice app, very small too. I played around with it alittle, works good so far. Just 1 quick questions. Does tracking cookies setting only work with IE or with other browsers too.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

Nice app, very small too. I played around with it alittle, works good so far. Just 1 quick questions. Does tracking cookies setting only work with IE or with other browsers too.

Hello TwostedMetal!

Tracking cookie works only with IE now, in the nearest release Firefox/Mozilla support will be added. On our Forum you can suggest us how to improve our software, if you need ANY feature in it and you think this feature would be cool to have for all Arovax Shield users - just speak up your mind - we will implement it asap. Afterall, all we do is done with User in mind.

Thank you,

-Arovax

I use this program to test security.Scoundrel simulator.Zone Alarm Pro jumps in ahead of Ashield and stops three of the five reg changes.Both ZAP and Ashield allow regedit and internet options to be disabled unchallenged.

Have been using Sandboxie for several days now and I reckon it's a better,if not the best solution to internet malaware.

Is this program like Winpatrol and Prevx? Or is it a differant thing all together?

Hi feed back I wish I had found Arovax before as I have just paid for WinPatrol 9.7 and I find your one better and easier to use. :D

For instants I have set WinPatrol to start up with Windows and no matter what I try I can not get it to do it. :angry:

But now I have Paid for it I am stuck with it. :lol:

So keep up the work and yes it has my vote. :D:D

sigforforums.jpg

Signature made with paintnet