8 Gigs DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz per stick

XFX GTX 285 @670core/2500mhz memory

Picture 1: Page File Reading As Fragmented

Picture 2: Defraggler Icon Keeps Disappearing

post-27538-1254810625_thumb.png

post-27538-1254810697_thumb.png

post-27538-1254810625_thumb.png

post-27538-1254810697_thumb.png

You will need a Microsoft tool for that Pagefile. It's called PageDefrag. Here's the download: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897426.aspx

The icon is a but of a puzzle. Haven't seen that before. Try to empty your icon cache. One simply deletes it and reboot. If it's corrupted Windows will built a new without the errors.

Open Explorer -> Folder Options -> Show hidden files and folders -> Navigate to: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local-> right click on IconCache.db and delete it -> reboot

The old iconcache is probably in your recycling bin so empty that one too...

1. THE PAGE FILE IS READING AS FRAGMENTED.. (meaning defraggler should not analyze this since its not part of the main DATA)

2. Pagedefrag does not work on windows 7, and does not boost perfomance...

3. I Cleared all icon cache and used ccleaner... icon still gone (icon is gone with my other windows 7 RTM machines as well...)

Well now this is odd.... all of a sudden defraggler moved my pagefiles and its no longer reading as fragmented?

This of course contradicts my 1st part of the bug report... but it was there, and now seems to have fixed itself?

post-27538-1254880569_thumb.png

post-27538-1254880569_thumb.png

Nope... very weird...

you can see now that the page files and mft (which I made black) are moved out of the main data from my first orginal screenshot though..

So it would be best to assume that defraggler accidentally reads the page file as DATA when it surrounded by it...

post-27538-1254883178_thumb.png

post-27538-1254883178_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone else recreate the W7 icon issue?

Yes mine went away yesterday when I deleted the icon from the desktop. I didn't know it would remove it from the entire computer. While I can download the icon from wiki I can't reapply it to the exe file because when I attempt to change the icon Windows 7 says it can't find the exe file. Hope this resolves itself like it did for other people. I already uninstalled and reinstalled Defraggler twice and the icon is still missing it regular picture.

• 4 weeks later...

Bug in Russian localisation

In the dropping out menu of the button "Defragmentation" ("Дефрагментация") an error in the first letter "Фефрагментация" appears throughout all last versions of the program <_< . Fix the problem, please, It's not so terrible, but is an eyesore)) :rolleyes: