CCleaner Community Forums
R2D2

Error in Application

Immediatley after opening Defraggler 1.14 there appears the following error:

unknown software exception (0xc000000d) at 0x004c7fcd

I have Windows XP SP3 german, Pentium Dual E2220, 2,4 GHz, 2 GB Ram.

post-23645-1254749913_thumb.png

post-23645-1254749913_thumb.png

One guess could be malware. Did you scan with something? To visit few online scanners with the ability to remove findings would be a good idea I think...

I found the source of this error. I tried Defraggler on many machines and on everyone the same error. Also on several complete new installed virtual Machines for testing purposes. But after I disabled networking, the error was gone (only a messagebox, that there's no internet connection was appearing).

Our Internet-connection goes over a proxy. In the control panel under Internet options is a proxy configured with the port 3128.

Back on my own machine, I opened the registry and created the key "UpdateCheck" (dword) with value 0 at HKCU\Software\Piriform\Defraggler.

Now it was possible to run Defraggler.

Maybe you can check the proxy-settings of IE and use that given proxy.

The strange thing is, that I have also CCleaner installed and there it is no problem with the checking for updates (I don't know if checking works, because I have the most recent version installed, but there appears no error).