CCleaner v2.24

MrG

• Admin

cclogo.png

This new build focuses on improving existing features, fixing bugs and adding support for the latest browsers.

We've made lots of other changes which are listed below in the full change log:

CCleaner v2.24.1010

• Added support for Firefox 3.6.
  • Added file search history cleaning for Windows 7.
  • Improved Opera 10 cleaning.
  • Reduced temp folder cleaning delay to 24 hours.
  • Several bugs fixed to better support Windows 7.
  • Added winapp2.ini filter support to detailed results view.
  • Improved 64-bit support for Registry Cleaner.
  • Fixed minor bug in Uninstall Tool.
  • Fixed minor bug in System Restore Tool.
  • Minor interface bugs fixed.
  • Minor display bugs fixed.

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and to download

View the full blog post

Hi I'm new..

Anyway, this is the best Windows app ever and I want to thank to everyone that makes this possible and for free.

I want to ask for something for the next version: How about support for Microsoft Security Essentials? I mean delete temp data and backups that it creates to free some disk space and keep only the latest definition? (if it's possible).

Thanks.

Thanks MrG! Great has always! I'll continue testing and reporting!

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

• Moderators

I do not have windows 7 myself but perhaps this may help

http://dotnetwizard.net/hacks/how-to-clear...y-in-windows-7/

Is it this perhaps?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I do not have windows 7 myself but perhaps this may help

http://dotnetwizard.net/hacks/how-to-clear...y-in-windows-7/

Is it this perhaps?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery

Well, this may clears the registery settings (either I am still asking where to find the option in CCleaner and i'm not sure what CCleaner now would clear)? Clear all Histroy eg. differes here between "File & Folders" History and "Computer" history http://www.clearallhistory.com/clear-windo...h_history_files.

However all tools will clear just the registery settings, but taking a look in searching for files & folders the searches stored under C:\Users\*Username*\Search\ (See also the image below) are included and I am asking how to clear that folders (couldn't find any informations on that)?

5qdvix7q.jpg

• Moderators
Notice the difference in size from CClener v1.16.082 (360KB) to CCleaner 2.24.10 (3.16 MB)

1.16 was without Yahoo Toolbar though, the best comparison is between the current slim build if you're interested in the file size progression.

Adding new features such as new languages dll's, etc., will cause a size increase.

• Moderators
That's what I wanted too point out. CCleaner never fails to improve. I wish Yahoo toolbar could be replaced by something more light. Oh well.

The Yahoo Toolbar discussion is old news! Please lets bury it forever and not have a re-visit discussion of it. Piriform clearly offers other builds without it therefore it's not an issue.

Those other smaller builds can be found on the download page for all Piriform software!

The Yahoo Toolbar discussion is old news! Please lets bury it forever and not have a re-visit discussion of it. Piriform clearly offers other builds without it therefore it's not an issue.

Those other smaller builds can be found on the download page for all Piriform software!

You're right, but it still gets brought up from time to time, so maybe that info should be in a sticky?

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png