Can I Cancel Wipe Free Space?

mastavic

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I was trying out the different features of Ccleaner (I have been using Ccleaner for years, but this is the first time I've used it for Windows 7), and checked Wipe Free Space. It's been running for some time, and now it's only 6% done. I have a 320GB hard drive, and only a small part of it is used, so I foresee a very long process ahead.

I would like to cancel this, but am not sure if it is completely safe to. If I cancel it, will my hard drive or any part of my computer run into problems? And if I do cancel it, is there anything else I have to do? Please give me any information I need.

Also, can I partake in other activities (e.g. using Photoshop and playing games) while Ccleaner is running on Wipe Free Space?

Thank you,

Vic

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I was trying out the different features of Ccleaner (I have been using Ccleaner for years, but this is the first time I've used it for Windows 7), and checked Wipe Free Space. It's been running for some time, and now it's only 6% done. I have a 320GB hard drive, and only a small part of it is used, so I foresee a very long process ahead.

I would like to cancel this, but am not sure if it is completely safe to. If I cancel it, will my hard drive or any part of my computer run into problems? And if I do cancel it, is there anything else I have to do? Please give me any information I need.

Also, can I partake in other activities (e.g. using Photoshop and playing games) while Ccleaner is running on Wipe Free Space?

Thank you,

Vic

No harm should come by cancelling it. How ever you may notice an increase of disk space used which ccleaner creates a file while wiping free space.

Use windir stat to locate it http://windirstat.info/

No fate but what we make