RAID 1 failure

jeffj

Hi,

While Defraggler was working on a system with RAID 1 drives, a RAID dialog warning reports "A volume has been degraded due to hard drive failure".

Defrag was only about 4% complete at the time, and is still continuing as I post this.

Is this just bad timing on the part of the hard drive or does Defraggler have something to do with this?

Is Defraggler compatible with RAID 1 setups?

Thanks,

Jeff

It says this in the documentation Jeff

http://docs.piriform.com/defraggler/introd...can-and-cant-do

It may indeed just be bad luck, let us know how it goes.

Thanks Hazelnut!

I'll chalk it up to a case of bad luck & bad timing. The drive didn't recover. However, on a positive note, Defraggler performed right through the failure and the system booted to the remaining drive after defrag completed. Headed to the store to get a replacement now.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

• 1 month later...

One of our machines is running Windows XP x64 with all updates. It's disk configuration is 2x931 Gb RAID 1 with two partitions C: 50 Gb and D: 881 Gb. D: is an actively-used partition with about 20% free space. I ran Deffragler 1.09.138 for partition D: on Friday evening. After running about 1 day (as I can conclude from Event Viewer) machine stopped responding (though replied to ping) and started only after reboot on Monday. After reboting Intel Matrix Storage Console reports that it's checking RAID volume and fixing errors (have found 8 errors by now).

I've seen such scenario for this machine several times. I've never seen such errors without running Defraggler immediately before they apper. I'm sure these RAID errors are because of Defraggler. It would be great if these errors would be fixed.