resizing pictures from scanner

gunner

Have some pictures I could only get by scanning, and now I am trying to resize them. I have tried several programs, and while all other pics will resize, these will not. The format is jpeg. What am I missing?

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

if you dont like installing a lot of software then yes

all it does is, it integrates itself in the explorer shell and let's you resize any picture by right clicking the picture and selecting Resize. it's really simple to use :)

Tried picasa, powertoys, icon sizer ,and freestone screen capture all of which resize. I can size down, but not up. Has something to do with the scanner, but I can"t figure out what. BTW, the white border gets larger, but the image remains the same?

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

Once they are scanned and saved as jpg files, then the scanner can't be the problem.

Are they personal images, or could you send one to me in a pm, (don't know if this is actually possible), and then I would have a go at resizing one for you.

• Moderators

What I have always done is in the settings of my scanner told it to upload my images to a program and I would edit and then save them from within that program. I use picasa now but I used to use Adobe photoshop album starter edition. I think your right about it being someting in the scanner. Good luck.

Much better. What did you do?

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.

Just kidding.

Open the pic with "Paint"...yep, the crappy program that comes with Windows.

Use the Selection tool to outline just the pic,

Right-click on the selected section and hit "Copy to"

Name it and save to a folder,

Open the saved pic with Paint,

Click "Image" > Stretch/Skew, in the stretch area increase the Hor and Vert to whatever % you want and save.

Easier than it sounds, once you've done it a couple of times, it takes about 30 seconds.