Running CCleaner in Startup Script

ncaster

Hi,

I added CCleaner /AUTO to the startup script because I thought it would run in Local Machine rights and delete temp files from all the user directories.

CCleaner failed to delete from directories like c:\Documents and settings\USERNAME\cookies etc.

It is not a matter of user rights beacuse it succeeded to delete user files that I added in the Include list.

If I run it in login/logoff script then it runs with the user privileges and can't delete outher users data.

Shutdown script not always running (power shutdown)

Is there a way to delete all the temp files for all user accounts?

Many Thanks

ncaster

I?m guessing (and I mean that literally) that ccleaner is designed only attempt to clean the files under the active (currently logged on) profile. It wouldn?t attempt to enumerate all of the local user accounts regardless of whether it was running with appropriate credentials. I?m sure someone else here can give you a more informed view :)

Why can?t each user account run ccleaner ? why do you need to clean all of the accounts at the same time? If that is done then if there is only one user logged on, all of the other profiles must be clean by definition.

What OS are you running? For example if you're using XP you could use the Group Policy User Logon (or Logoff) scripts to set this to run locally for every user. It wouldn't all be done at the same time of course; but it would be outside of the contol of the other users (depdening on their know-how). GP isn't available by default except in XP Pro, but you can install it on Home.