2.23.999 install question

wood

Good Morning, I installed the newest version of ccleaner and when I ran the ccleaner, Windows defender utilities 18kb came up as did avg antivirus 8.0 utilities 51,051 kb. Should I let ccleaner delete these files??? Also, Windows explorer cache thumbnail 1028 kb. I am not computer savvy, but when it came up "utilities" I was afraid to delete them. Can someone please help with this?

Thank you.

Welcome to Piriform wood.

Good Morning, I installed the newest version of ccleaner and when I ran the ccleaner, Windows defender utilities 18kb came up as did avg antivirus 8.0 utilities 51,051 kb. Should I let ccleaner delete these files??? Also, Windows explorer cache thumbnail 1028 kb. I am not computer savvy, but when it came up "utilities" I was afraid to delete them. Can someone please help with this?

Thank you.

No CC doesn't delete app files e.g. AVG or Windows Defender. When these programs do updates they normally leave behind temporary files which are no use. On the Applications tab you will see a list of all important apps that are installed. If you don't want and AVG files clean just remove the tick.

If you do an Analyse first then after its finished right-click on the Results windows and click View results details. You will see a list of all files to be deleted, just check there location on your drive. None of them will be in Program Files folder normally. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators

Steady on, old bean. I guess from that folder name that you are running Vista? Can you post the actual file names (or a selectio of, if there are many)?

I don't have Vista, and certainly not Windows Defender, but I have run AVG with XP and CCleaner for some years with no problems. CC does not - in my experience - remove application files but if you post a few we'll be able to reassure you. That's if a guess from someone you've never met is reasurring.

Good Morning, thank you for your prompt reply. I did as you suggested and the files are:

c:\\programdata\application files.

So, should I still cclean?

thank you.

Sorry I forgot to ask what system you are using. As Augeas says you could be using Vista. Please post your comp spec in your next post along with service pack number and the web browser you use?

I didn't this Vista used c:\programdata\ for Program Files? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best