Issue with the name CCleaner? Why CCleaner and why not Cleaner!

kanwal

Hello All,

I have been using this software CCleaner for ages now; however I am very displeased with its name that's CCleaner and you know the full form of the First letter C is Crap, so its actually Crap Cleaner.

Now my issue is, we use this Cleaner to clean our hard drives, to free up some memory, to free some cache, cookies, and all..

Now, how can you call all the data which we want to delete as CRAP, now if I say that I read religious articles, stuff, experiences on website, and/or I listen to religious discourses...and I want to use Cleaner after that. I just won't tolerate anybody calling those things as the word "C**P". I am sure lot of people would understand my sentiments here.

I want to convey this message to the makers of CCleaner. I wanna tell that you guys did a wonderful job making this and may be there is no product which stands equal your product; however still if you don't change the name from CCleaner to just Cleaner or anything else..you are gonna lose one customer. Why such a word CRAP? Nobody in the world has the right to call my stuff which I want to delete as CRAP, I am just deleting it to free some memory...that's it...

Its actually a sin, a sin on makers and users...please don't do this...

Awaiting for reply

Thanks

Kanwal

• Moderators

May I draw your attention to these dictionary facts here

Noun

crap (plural craps)

(obsolete) The husk of grain; chaff.

(slang) Something of poor quality.

(slang, vulgar) Something that is rubbish; nonsense.

Most people use the word crap to mean rubbish. When you use ccleaner you are in fact cleaning the rubbish (temp files etc) from your machine.

I do not see the title of the software being changed really :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hey, I'm Catholic and have no problem with the word. It's rude to calls someone a piece of crap, but any thing that is being discarded is rubbish, and by synonym, crap. To be straight forward, it's your choice to use the program. If you don't like something, then by all means don't use CCleaner. However, when the program is free and payed for by donations, no one should be complaining considering how AWESOME it is :D. The only foreseeable way to get the name changed is you donate a couple thousand dollars/euros/pounds to it's development, the name won't be changed. I think you're the first to have a complaint with the name.

AJ

I don't have a particular problem with the name CCleaner and what it stands for.

However, ever since I first discovered the program in 2005, I always thought "crap" wasn't the most professional thing. It seems a little "trashy" to me in some ways.

Overall though, I don't see any reason to change it. :)

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

• Moderators

Weirdest damned complaint I've ever seen on this forum in its five year life so far. :rolleyes:

So the name CCleaner offends you, yet nobody is twisting your wrist to use it.

I can see this thread will go absolutely nowhere, it's just too foolish hence I've closed it.