HP Compaq 6730 RAM upgrade and Graphic Card

formfrank84

1. I recently bought a HP Compaq 6730s containing 1GB RAM with no graphic card. It came installed with Vista Basic. I have memory eating games like Call on duty, Fifa 09 and Project IGI. The RAM memory available here are all 4GB as demand has been quite high for the 1 and 2GBs. I don't want to do away with the 1 GB I have. Is there a way I can make my notebook read all 5GB that is if I decide to buy the 4GB RAM??

2. There are Nvidia, ATI and Intel graphic cards out there. Which one is the best for HP Compaq 6730. There website have not recommended any.

Hi formfrank84, I myself am a HP Notebook PC owner (G60-238CA)

First of all I'm assuming that your Notebook PC is the 6730b

If it isn't, please give the exact model for your Notebook.

You will find your answer with the memory upgrades here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...odTypeId=321957

Although I must comment, a 32-bit Operating system will almost never be able to completely utilize the 4GB of ram that it can see, anything above 4GB will be completely unused by the OS.

A 64-bit OS can utilize.....ALOT of memory.

HP mostly ships their PC's with 32-bit versions of Windows Vista. So you'll only be able to install 4GB of ram, and only USE 3GB-3.9GB (One extreme to the other.)

I don't believe you can upgrade the video card...you can ask HP if you want though.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86Ghz | 3GB RAM | BFG NVIDIA 8600 GT OC w/ ThermoIntelligence | Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM HDD | Samsung SyncMaster 953BW Display | Logitech MX Revolution Mouse | Microsoft Digital Media 3000 Keyboard

• 2 weeks later...

you cannot upgrade the GPU within a Notebook. similar just isn't possible.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8