Transform XP to Vista

berdy

I've also tried one that makes your Windows look like a Mac

It was a nice change and didn't mess up anything on my Windows

(but it was probably spyware anyway)

i've used FlyakiteOSX before and it seems to work fine on my comp now, as for the bar in the screen shot, i still don't understand, is that part of the vista install, or is it something you installed on your own, like RK launcher or another menubar app? let me know, i might have some people here that are interested in the vista dl. as for vista, is it going to becoem the stqandard like xp is now, or whats the deal, also, any eta on the new OS?

vista installs its new theme (aero) and does not install any bar. that bar comes with vista inspirat transformation pack as I mentioned in my previous reply. the install is safe and didn't messup any thing so far. however, during uninstall you will be prompted to (see pic). for trouble free 100% click "yes". if you click "no" the aerotheme remains and no bars, icons etc IN THIS CASE ONLY I COULDN'T FIND ANY WAY TO UNINSTALL THE THEME AFTERWARDS

unin4wp.jpg

• Moderators
is that bar at the top part of the install or is that something you've done on your own?

That bar looks strikingly similiar to RK Launcher, that's what I thought it was.

A majority of these "transformation packs" will mess up a lot of things in Windows.

That's the reason why I just look at the pretty screenshots online and never download and install any. I don't feel like undoing any possible mess, or worse having to format. My system will look like Windows Vista when I purchase the OS from Microsoft, that is after it's been out for a year or so to weed out any possible flaws.

• Moderators

They are too expensive. What I'm hoping is that when the the macs that are running on intel chips come out I will be able to just build a pc and buy OS X to put on it and then put either vista or win xp on it too. This might just be a dream but I'm sure somebody will find a way to do it.