CCleaner v2.23

MrG

• Admin

cclogo.png

With Microsoft Windows 7.0 having been released to developers we've been working hard to fix any final compatibility issues. With this latest version of CCleaner, we've added support for cleaning the new Taskbar Jump Lists.

For this release, we also focused on tidying up the user interface and adding niceties that make it easier to use. The new results window has been fixed and improved - a lot of feedback and suggestions came from our users, and we really appreciate that!

We've made even more improvements which are listed below in the full change log:

CCleaner v2.23.993

• Added Taskbar Jump List cleaning for Windows 7.
  • Added history cleaning support for Opera 10.
  • Added icons to Cookie selection to show browser.
  • Improved scrolling in new results window.
  • Improved Avira Anti-virus cleaning.
  • Improved multiselect in listviews.
  • Improved 64-bit support when including/excluding files.
  • Improved 64-bit issue detection in Registry screen.
  • Updated internal icons.
  • Added language support for Armenian.
  • Fixed language bugs with new results window.
  • Fixed bug in Recycle Bin cleaning.
  • Fixed minor bug with help files in Registry Cleaner.
  • Fixed bug when deleting an application in Uninstall Tool.
  • Fixed bug when enabling/disabling in Startup Tool.
  • Minor GUI improvements.

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and to download

View the full blog post

But you still haven't changed displaying the View Summary Results and View Detailed Results button as I mensioned in the last update. So I'm going back to 2.21.940 again.

I've just done a quick check with the Regsitry cleaner. Why do I get the message There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E: ? If you click Cancel or Continue it doesn't, you have to click it 5 or 6 times.

Its never checked drives before. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
I've just done a quick check with the Regsitry cleaner. Why do I get the message There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E: ? If you click Cancel or Continue it doesn't, you have to click it 5 or 6 times.

If you've recently had a disk/disc in that drive I think that problem is induced by Windows itself in particular Windows XP and perhaps newer. I've seen countless programs have that issue and realize it's annoying, but don't know of a way around it.

New details screen not been sorted then, maybe I've got too high expectations but genuinely expected it to be tweaked after so many user comments not liking having results hidden till clicked through (the most comments about any new feature for a while, can only assume it's not that simple to tweak the implementation of, at least I hope that's the reason).

So still sticking with 2.21 and keeping fingers crossed a while longer I suppose :mellow:

If you've recently had a disk/disc in that drive I think that problem is induced by Windows itself in particular Windows XP and perhaps newer. I've seen countless programs have that issue and realize it's annoying, but don't know of a way around it.

Well Andavari I've never seen that message before with CC or any other program apart from some games programs ask for the CD to be inserted before they will run. I haven't had a CD in there for hours and its still asking now.

Ok then I've just put 2.21.940 back in and done a Registry scan no problem. I've come out and put 2.23.993 back in and tried to do a Registry scan and its asking for the disk again. Can you explain that one? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
Ok then I've just put 2.21.940 back in and done a Registry scan no problem. I've come out and put 2.23.993 back in and tried to do a Registry scan and its asking for the disk again. Can you explain that one? ;)

Well from your investigative work perhaps it's a bug, or something it's reading from the registry that previous versions didn't.

I'm also sticking with 2.21.940 for the very reasons outlined in this topic.

[*]Improved Avira Anti-virus cleaning.

I don't get it. :huh:

You guys removed the log files cleaning, the only thing that Antivir doesn't clean.

Everything else is auto-cleaned by Antivir itself when not needed anymore, including the temp folder.

(CCleaner's winapp.ini)

FileKey1=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\TEMP|*.*FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop|*.oldFileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop|*.tmpFileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\FAILSAFE|*.tmp

I've made my own winapp2.ini and I've been using it since version 2.21

Anyone interested, copy/paste :D

[*Avira AntiVir 9]LangSecRef=3024Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Avira\AntiVir DesktopDefault=TrueFileKey1=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES|*.*

I would have thought the Windows 7 Explorer search would have made it into this build if the jump list did, all you have to do is delete this key...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery

Firefox in Windows 7 also isn't having everything cleared. For example I can enter some text into the search box on this website, run CCleaner and then click on the search box and press the down key to see what I last entered. If I run Firefox's history cleaner it will clear everything -- so what gives?