Is IncrediMail spyware?

CleanGreen

My sister emailed me and on the email was a link to a free download for animated email pictures and more. I have downloaded and half installed ,but paused when it wanted my email password. Then I went browsing google for IncrediMail (I should have done that first!!) there are mixed comments on this software..some say its ok, others say it's full of problems and is spyware and/or could attract spyware and viruses. Does anyone have any up to date comments on this free software???

My sister emailed me and on the email was a link to a free download for animated email pictures and more. I have downloaded and half installed ,but paused when it wanted my email password. Then I went browsing google for IncrediMail (I should have done that first!!) there are mixed comments on this software..some say its ok, others say it's full of problems and is spyware and/or could attract spyware and viruses. Does anyone have any up to date comments on this free software???

I used Incredimail for several years before I switched to Thunderbird. I decided to switch for two reasons: one reason was because a couple of my friends could not receive email from me - their provider's server apparently did not accept email sent from Incredimail. The second reason was because I did not like the fact that it seemed to be such a resource hog. Other than that, I had no problems with it.

When I uninstalled Incredimail (using Revo Uninstaller), if my memory serves me correctly, I was surprised to find over 1000 registry entries. Amazing!

I used Incredimail for several years before I switched to Thunderbird. I decided to switch for two reasons: one reason was because a couple of my friends could not receive email from me - their provider's server apparently did not accept email sent from Incredimail. The second reason was because I did not like the fact that it seemed to be such a resource hog. Other than that, I had no problems with it.

When I uninstalled Incredimail (using Revo Uninstaller), if my memory serves me correctly, I was surprised to find over 1000 registry entries. Amazing!

Thanks Razz, I uninstalled everything and ran cclean and registry cleaner. Reg clean found 32 issues. I went to REGEDIT, nothing under local machine but found IncrediMail with everything still there under current user so just deleted whole thing. I should be keeping things simple on my machine anyway as I've only got a 128MB system!!

Yea its no spyware, there use to be issues with it but now its more adware.

My sister loves the program and ended up purchasing it so we keep it installed on one pc, personally I cant stand it.

fireryone

Yea its no spyware, there use to be issues with it but now its more adware.

My sister loves the program and ended up purchasing it so we keep it installed on one pc, personally I cant stand it.

Thanx fireyone, I get these inpulses to get extravegant things coz I finally got a computer , and with my new found introduction to the internet I'm on a huge learning curve and then I get a rude awakening to the "hey you've only got 128MB, what the hell do you think you are doing???!!!" wake up call!!!. cheers. catchya another issue!!!!Sal

Rule of Thumb, avoid apps that begin with Incredi-, Fantasti-, Amazi-, Splendifi-, etc.

Thanx Corona, a note to add to yours is to avoid ; DNA, MY DNA or anything that has DNA attached to it. I will add to forum soon my dealings with MyDNA!!!!!MyWEBDNA!!