Avira 9 registry key

kyrix77

Hi there! Last week I updated to Avira Security Suite v9 and this key was stored in the registry (XP and VISTA tested):

HKCR\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

It has no data under it, so that's why CCleaner tries to clean it (I think). Maybe you could provide a "Ignore selected entries from now on" button.

Thanks!

• Moderators

Actually Dennis I think he's looking more for this

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-cc...egistry-entries

To exclude files, folders or Registry keys from the Cleaner process:

1.In CCleaner, click the Options icon at left.

2.Click the Exclude button.

3.In the Exclude screen, do one or more of the following:

To add a folder to the exclude list, click Add Folder. In the dialog box that appears, select the folder you want to add. To limit excluded items in that folder to a specific type, replace the (*.*) in the dialog box with a file mask (for example, *.doc to select all DOC files in that folder). Click OK.

To add a single file to the exclude list, click Add File. In the dialog box that appears, select the file and then click Open. Note that you can only add one file at a time using this method.

To add a Registry key to the exclude list, click Add Registry. In the dialog box that appears, select the registry hive from the drop-down list and then enter the registry key path into the text box next to it.

To remove a folder or file from the exclude list, select it, and then click Remove Selected.

Note: If you select a folder, any subfolders within that folder will be excluded as well.

However it has been batted about that the developers add an option to right click on found regkey and choose add to exclude list. (one of the few additions to ccleaner I actually DO support)

To Note: Most/All Antivirus and security programs Mask their Registry keys to make it harder for malicious programs (of which CCleaner is not) from disabling your security via the registry. Thus confusing CCleaner into thinking that the Registry key is not owned by any program and (thus) show it on the key list

Also read my signature :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
To Note: Most/All Antivirus and security programs Mask their Registry keys to make it harder for malicious programs (of which CCleaner is not) from disabling your security via the registry. Thus confusing CCleaner into thinking that the Registry key is not owned by any program and (thus) show it on the key list[

Most security apps also create restricted permissions keys in ENUM\Root, however CCleaner never cleans those areas.

• 3 weeks later...