A-Z Freeware Launcher v3

razz

I'm very pleased to announce that the latest version of my program A-Z Freeware Launcher (AZFL) has been listed on several download sites - most notably Softpedia and CNET. In fact, the Software Review Editor from Softpedia has just completed his review of AZFL.

Review of AZFL on Softpedia

AZFL v3.0 has several changes from v2.0 - they are as follows:

- new skin

- six new programs are supported, for a total of 50 programs. Now avast, Avira and AVG anti-virus programs are supported

- SUPERAnti-Spyware has been replaced with a-squared Anti-Malware

- additional programs and new layout on what was the "More Links" page. This page is now "More PC and Personal Tools"

- new font on all buttons

- some text has been altered

For many years I have been (and I always will be) a big fan of Freeware products. Being a big fan led me to CCleaner and thereby to this forum, becoming a member in August last year. Many Piriform moderators and many members have been instrumental in introducing me to so many top-notch freeware products. It is thanks to you guys and gals that I now utilize so many great products, many of them just simply amazing. It was because of having such a number of these products installed on my PC that I decided to create AZFL, just to simplify things for myself and my wife. During the creation of the program I decided that I may as well make it available to anyone who also may find it useful. I sincerely hope that some may.

I just want to very briefly mention about my company Unity-Creations. We formed the first edition of our company just before our days on eBay in 2001 (at that time we were UnityCreations2000). Over time we are proud to say that on eBay we have 131 positive feedbacks and zero negative feedbacks. Our eBay days have mostly passed and now our time is spent elsewhere in cyberspace. :)

If you have any questions post in this tread or if you prefer at:

Questions via website

For those who are interested, select your desired download location:

CNET

Softpedia

Directly from our A-Z Freeware Launcher website NOTE: One option listed on my site is to download only the .exe file.

I'm very pleased to announce that the latest version of my program A-Z Freeware Launcher (AZFL) has been listed on several download sites - most notably Softpedia and CNET. In fact, the Software Review Editor from Softpedia has just completed his review of AZFL.

Review of AZFL on Softpedia

AZFL v3.0 has several changes from v2.0 - they are as follows:

- new skin

- six new programs are supported, for a total of 50 programs. Now avast, Avira and AVG anti-virus programs are supported

- SUPERAnti-Spyware has been replaced with a-squared Anti-Malware

- additional programs and new layout on what was the "More Links" page. This page is now "More PC and Personal Tools"

- new font on all buttons

- some text has been altered

For many years I have been (and I always will be) a big fan of Freeware products. Being a big fan lead me to CCleaner and thereby to this forum, becoming a member in August last year. Many Piriform moderators and many members have been instrumental in introducing me to so many top-notch freeware products. It is thanks to you guys and gals that I now utilize so many great products, many of them just simply amazing. It was because of having such a number of these products installed on my PC that I decided to create AZFL, just to simplify things for myself and my wife. During the creation of the program I decided that I may as well make it available to anyone who also may find it useful. I sincerely hope that some may.

I just want to very briefly mention about my company Unity-Creations. We formed the first edition of our company just before our days on eBay in 2001 (at that time we were UnityCreations2000). Over time we are proud to say that on eBay we have 131 positive feedbacks and zero negative feedbacks. Our eBay days have mostly passed and now our time is spent elsewhere in cyberspace. :)

If you have any questions post in this tread or if you prefer at:

Questions via website

For those who are interested, select your desired download location:

CNET

Softpedia

Directly from our A-Z Freeware Launcher website NOTE: One option listed on my site is to download only the .exe file.

nice works.

Just want to know ,Why did you replace SAS ? SAS is good program.Google Trends

nice works.

Just want to know ,Why did you replace SAS ? SAS is good program.Google Trends

3 reasons:

- The latest version of SAS seemed to have some launching problems on several occasions when I was testing it.

- As you likely know, when SAS is initialized an icon appears in the tray and the user has to launch the program by clicking it. I thought that for some new users this may cause problems.

- In my opinion, a-squared has a more appealing GUI and seems more efficient.

Razz, at the outset a big Congrats! to you...

Pardon my ignorance here but just curious to know whether your software merely launches other freeware or actually executes them to completion and closure? on the weekly/monthly scheduled basis?

The reason I ask this, is; I use Malwarebytes' anti-malware, Spybot and Ccleaner in addition to super-antispyware and a few other such programs which I have been able to put together in one single batch file for a full or quick clean ( all of them work apart from Super antispyware - as you'd be aware of the problems it tends to pose). As far as antimalware is concerned it needs to be updated manually prior to using it, as its auto-update does not work for the basic freeware version ( only available in its Professional version ) - keeping this in perspective I was wondering if your program could automate such tasks and make maintenance issues a lot less hassle free?

Further, If I may; did you have your software copy-righted for use of the product name which you could further develop on in the near future...

All the very best to you in your future endeavours and I hope you keep up the great work!

Regards

Tomcat

Razz, at the outset a big Congrats! to you...

Pardon my ignorance here but just curious to know whether your software merely launches other freeware or actually executes them to completion and closure? on the weekly/monthly scheduled basis?

The reason I ask this, is; I use Malwarebytes' anti-malware, Spybot and Ccleaner in addition to super-antispyware and a few other such programs which I have been able to put together in one single batch file for a full or quick clean ( all of them work apart from Super antispyware - as you'd be aware of the problems it tends to pose). As far as antimalware is concerned it needs to be updated manually prior to using it, as its auto-update does not work for the basic freeware version ( only available in its Professional version ) - keeping this in perspective I was wondering if your program could automate such tasks and make maintenance issues a lot less hassle free?

Further, If I may; did you have your software copy-righted for use of the product name which you could further develop on in the near future...

All the very best to you in your future endeavours and I hope you keep up the great work!

Regards

Tomcat

Hi Tomcat, thank you very much for your compliments, I truly appreciate it.

AZFL does not execute programs to completion - i.e. it merely launches the program at which time you would execute the program specifics via the program itself.

Best regards,

razz

Questions:

Has anyone down loaded this . . .

What is the benefit of having this on your system . . .

Can a "non-computer" person use this easily without messy up the computer?

Thanks

Hi Tommy, my program is without question of great benefit to any person whom would typically be classified as a "non-computer" user.

The following is a partial quote from the review on Softpedia:

The application organizes all the links into categories, based on the function of each of the programs it launches. There are also brief descriptions of the apps included in the supported list, so that the user knows exactly how they should be employed.

AZFL provides a step-by-step guide as to which freeware programs to utilize in order to accomplish certain maintenance tasks. Naturally the user would need to know how to run the launched program. As you know, this task is very basic and if there are any problems not knowing what to do, the specific program's help files will provide the necessary help. I am confident that once a novice user runs any of the programs supported by AZFL just one time, they will very likely not have any problems using the program again.

For a more experienced computer user they will very likely not need any guidance, but AZFL may at the very least serve as a good reminder of the excellent freeware programs available as well as providing a central GUI for the many programs that are supported.

Hope this helps.

A future version (i.e. v4) of AZFL will have a black skin. However, currently the binary file (.exe file only) of the Black skin version is available from my website:

Black skin version of AZFL v3

Some may prefer this skin as opposed to the released skin version.