Free opera Tuesday!

rridgely

• Moderators
How do you think it compares with FireFox?

I don't know. I havent used the version without the ads yet but it is supposed to be really good. Some think it might even be better. I will have a better judgement of it in a couple of days. Why not get it now though while its free? It usually costs $20-$30.

Guest Mangix

i think the reason why Opera isnt freeware is because the people who made it didnt use an already made HTML parsing engine. instead they made their own. maybe they want a lot of money of something.

btw: just a reminder: the offer starts at 12:00 AM PDT which is GMT -07

i need to wait ~50 minutes :)

• Moderators

Talk about fast, they emailed me back within a few short minutes.

Included in the email was the registration for the following systems:

Windows, Linux Intel, Linux PowerPC, Linux Sparc, FreeBSD, Solaris, Mac, Epoc/QNX, OS/2

• Moderators

If you use Opera and notice that forums, etc., that quickly have page changes aren't getting updated when you visit the main page you can change a setting in Opera that will force it to always check the document for changes.

Screenshot (click to enlarge):

opera_always_check_docs.png.xs.jpg

were i live. weird part is i sent for it like 10 minutes ago nothing still. If any one can get 2 can you send me one please

Vanguard382

I just got mine and it took 5 hours before it came. :blink: I think they must have a LOTTTTTTTTT :o of people wanting the registration & they may be a little behind.

Have a good day,

Normandie

• Moderators

I'm going to use it for the whole day today, but I will probably go back to Firefox.

The speed on Opera is great.

Opera dislikes:

* Smooth Scrolling is horrible.

* Found some html handling errors.

* Preferences are confusing.

* No NoScript extentsion!

* No extentsions compared to Firefox.

Actually I think I will go back to Firefox now, I miss it already!

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators
* Preferences are confusing.

They always have been!

I upgraded from a licensed v7.23 and wondered what the heck was going on, but after a few minutes I adjusted.

At least v8.xx loads faster than the v7.xx series, seems to run smoother as well.

Anyone who is using Opera remember to use Spybot SD's Immunize feature to enable protection in Opera, you have to manually enable it under 'Permanent Opera immunity'.

Guest Mangix
* No NoScript extentsion!

NoScript sucks

the webpage of it says that it protects the user from evil JavaScript code when Firefox doesnt even allow evil javascript code to run(believe me i've tried). and it makes a lot of webpages load bad beacuse of no JavaScript

there is a saying the cure is worse than the disease :P

edit:as for Opera, the browser is just horrible. the HTML parsing is very slow, not a lot of preferences, cant customize toolbars much, the Buttons really look ugly, and a lot of other reasons.

im going back to Avant Browser

hey i really like opera the only problem i used to have with it was the annying bar. The thing i was wondering was if am using opera should i have spybot tea timer running, or spyguard?

Also is there any setting i should set it to have. Right now only thing i changed was to delete cookies when quiting. Don't know if i should let it accept cookies with incorrect path?

• Moderators
the only problem is it does not get ride of cookies, it only does internt cache, and history. Much better if it got everything.

Are you talking about CCleaner, or Opera's built-in Delete Private Data feature?

Edit:

CCleaner does take care of the cookies, just run Analyze and it lists cookies4.dat. Also Opera's Delete Private Data can be customized by clicking Tools->Delete private data->Advanced. Opera will remember the advanced settings.