Some great features which CCleaner must have in one of the next releases

Virus X

Hi Moderators and Members of PiriForm Forum

I have 2 great suggestion for CCleaner which will make this great software even greater !!

The first suggestion is :

why don't you make CCleaner able to clean Windows Update junk files like the feature inTuneUp Utilities 2009 !?

and of course we all know that those junk files could be over 2 - 3 GB !!

The second suggestion is :

I think it would be great if CCleaner could delete all these different types of Temp Files

glip8fq3q.jpg

I mean CCleaner should scan the system for such types and remove them like Wise Disk Cleaner Pro v4

because these extensions are for files which are dead and useless and of course this would be great for

people who use many softwares and games

Thank you very much for your efforts and for your valuable time

Regards

Muhammad Najem

Okay.

But what junk files do TuneUp contain? It is used for optimizing :)

If you want you could download Winapp2.ini and add custom directories or use the CCleaner in-bult feature "Include".

Simplicity is hard.

Okay.

But what junk files do TuneUp contain? It is used for optimizing :)

If you want you could download Winapp2.ini and add custom directories or use the CCleaner in-bult feature "Include".

This is not used in CCleaner, because if it were, CCleaner would scan for example, all .tmp files. It sound great, but I have a few programs, i-photo plus 4 is one of them, that uses .tmp for calendar templates. If CCleaner scanned for all .tmp files, it would also remove those & make that program stop working with calendars!

This is why I switched to CCleaner earlier, because it is safe, & only cleans what it needs to. Sure, Wise Disk cleaner & a lot of others do scan for "junk" files, but sometimes those "junk" files just so happen to be something you need for some program to run, and when it DOES remove them, so also will your program mess up that depended on that file!

While cleaning a lot of junk IS important, it is just as important to be a SAFE cleaner!

Ok you convinced me that deleting Temp files isn't a good idea :huh:

but you really have to make CCleaner delete Windows Update Backups

they usually take up to 2 - 3 GB !! :blink:

this feature is available in TuneUp Utilities 2009

see the picture below ( of course the backups were deleted before that's why the number is only 8mb it was 3 GB before )

i26309_tuneup.JPG

• Moderators

CCleaner will clean up installed Windows Updates (Hotfixes) but it will not remove them all. Microsoft and Piriform worked together to not remove certain hotfixes that could mess up windows and needs to be uninstalled.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

CCleaner will clean up installed Windows Updates (Hotfixes) but it will not remove them all. Microsoft and Piriform worked together to not remove certain hotfixes that could mess up windows and needs to be uninstalled.

but TuneUp Utilities 2009 have this great feature and many users love

actually some people love TuneUp utilities because of this feature ! :(

but TuneUp Utilities 2009 have this great feature and many users love

actually some people love TuneUp utilities because of this feature ! :(

And those people will NOT love it if they ever need to uninstall those hotfixes.

Windows can be very fussy.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
And those people will NOT love it if they ever need to uninstall those hotfixes.

Windows can be very fussy.

Alan

Ok, what you said is fair, but the developers of CCleaner could add an option to clean these files for the people who wants (and obviously warn the user about the danger of doing it)...