CCleaner vs Comodo System Cleaner

I am a huge fan of CCleaner, but I saw where Comodo is now offering a free cleaner. I downloaded and tried Comodo System Cleaner. I ran Comodo after running CCleaner, and Comodo found an additional 500 registry problems, even after CCleaner had fixed all problems it found.

What is Comodo looking for that CCleaner is not? I hope that Piriform is looking at competing products frequently to see how they work, and to see what improvements can be implemented in CCleaner.

This should be a major warning to all new users to the regisrty. So what if it found 500 invalid entrys? I could write an application right now that tells you you have 1000 bad entrys that need removing and completly kill your machine off.

Stick to ccleaner. As said it is a non agressive cleaner. And as safe as a user will get to maintaining the regisrty with little knowledge.

How ever that does not mean just delete any thing. Always back up before making changes and i strongly suggest you install ERUNT

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

ERUNT makes a small back up of the regisrty on windows startup. And yet still you should always check what the entrys you are deleting are before removeal.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

I have used a lot of registry cleaners and I personally use CCleaner alot. The only thing with the other registry cleaners is a lot of the registry entries it will clean will just come back when you restart Windows.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key