Don't automatically delete quarantined items

DanZ

Your ccleaner automatically removes items in Avira's quarantine directory when "AntiVir Desktop" is checked under applications. I don't believe this should be done, or at least should be optional. Items are placed in quarantine so they can be evaluated, and might be something desired or necessary that might later have to be restored.

-dan z-

Can you not protect that folder with the Options / Exclude / Files and Folders to exclude ?

Alan

Yes. but since I wasn't aware that Ccleaner was erasing that data, I have already lost something I really wanted to keep. Thus my suggestion - either don't clean that subdirectory at all, or at least have it as a checkbox option under the "AntiVir Desktop" application.

-dan z-

Here's what CC is cleaning! <_<

[AntiVir Desktop]ID=2138LangSecRef=3024Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Avira\AntiVir DesktopDefault=TrueFileKey1=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\FAILSAVE|*.*FileKey2=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\INFECTED|*.*FileKey3=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES|*.*FileKey4=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\SYSSAVE|*.*FileKey5=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\TEMP|*.*FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop|*.oldFileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop|*.tmpFileKey8=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\FAILSAFE|*.tmp

I've been doing some tests since the last release and I found out that AntiVir Desktop cleans itself.

(specially the Program Files folder)

There is no need to clean this stuff (except for FileKey3 and 5).

I've excluded most folders until a fix comes out.

Please fix this Mr.G! :unsure:

• Moderators

AntiVir self-protects many of its files unless you configure it to disable the protection which is never recommended. So I'd say just remove the Avira Desktop cleaner altogether especially for quarantined items as already outlined as something could be a false positive and need to be restored.

In the meantime you can just untick AntiVir Desktop and CCleaner won't offer to clean it, which is what I've done.

• 4 weeks later...