What email client do you use?

razz

I do not like Outlook Express so I currently use Thunderbird, but am snooping around for possibly a better email client. Anyone have suggestions? Do you know anything about Foxmail?

I do not like Outlook Express so I currently use Thunderbird, but am snooping around for possibly a better email client. Anyone have suggestions? Do you know anything about Foxmail?

currently use Thunderbird and Pegasus as alternative.

I like Pegasus.Feature rich..small and fast.

I've been using Thunderbird since the first time I compiled it in Gentoo.

:wub: it was worth it

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

No one has mentioned Opera Mail; that's certainly worth looking at.

Personally, I use the Gmail web interface and the Gmail Mobile app on my phone.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png

Started with Thunderbird, but abandoned it after I got Gmail up and running, it's all web based now. My browser is open most of the time, I didn't see the point of having two application running when one is enough.

I think Thunderbird, Outlook etc are great if you have a poor or slow internet connection, download your email take your time to read and reply, but with the constantly connected high speed broadband, I personally don't see the point any more.

The problem that my wife is having with Thunderbird is she frequently needs to forward certain emails. With Thunderbird, when you forward an email it shows up as an attachment. This means that she is unable to clean-up the email before sending (which is sometimes desired), also, some people don't like opening attachments. We realize that she could copy and paste into a new email, but it would be nice to have the ability to simply hit forward, clean-up something if desired and then hit send.

EDIT: Given it further thought, I discovered that you can overcome the problem I mentioned by using the "Reply" function, instead of "Forward". This seems to work in our case.