which system settings does CCleaner reset?

xxxrusxxx

after Cleaning temporary files + Memory Dumps, my mouse starts moving faster... i mean too fast!!!!

does it mess with kernel files? or what could be problem?

and i would like to know which temporary files does it clean?

i play alot fps games, so i can really feel any mouse change...

• Moderators
after Cleaning temporary files + Memory Dumps, my mouse starts moving faster... i mean too fast!!!!

Umm I've never had it mess with my mouse speed settings. Can you upload your ccleaner.ini file? (You may need to enable use ini file in options first). If you go into mouse settings does this confirm that your mouse speed settings have changed? What OS are you using? What version of CCleaner?

does it mess with kernel files? or what could be problem?

No not at all, are you running the cleaner or are you running the registry integrity check (See my signature)

and i would like to know which temporary files does it clean?

It lists them when you run analyze

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Umm I've never had it mess with my mouse speed settings. Can you upload your ccleaner.ini file? (You may need to enable use ini file in options first). If you go into mouse settings does this confirm that your mouse speed settings have changed? What OS are you using? What version of CCleaner?

No not at all, are you running the cleaner or are you running the registry integrity check (See my signature)

It lists them when you run analyze

There is no settings change in mouse options, and im running file cleaner, not registry cleaner!!!!

I'm pretty sure it deletes temp file, that kernel uses .... or it could be ..... , i need to know in which directories it looks for temps, it would be great if i could get source of cleaner, so that i can find what's wrong

I'm using XP Home Edition, Latest version of CCleaner

may be i could find problem without posting this thread, but i just want to make CCleaner better so that i can keep using it... never liked cleaning temps manualy

thats my .ini file

[Options](App)Autocomplete Form History=True(App)Chkdsk File Fragments=True(App)Clipboard=True(App)Custom Folders=True(App)Desktop Shortcuts=True(App)Empty Recycle Bin=True(App)Hotfix Uninstallers=True(App)IIS Log Files=True(App)Memory Dumps=True(App)Menu Order Cache=True(App)Old Prefetch data=True(App)Opera - Cookies=False(App)Opera - Internet Cache=False(App)Opera - Internet History=False(App)Start Menu Shortcuts=True(App)Temporary Files=True(App)Tray Notifications Cache=True(App)User Assist History=True(App)Window Size/Location Cache=True(App)Windows Log Files=True(App)Wipe Free Space=FalseFFDetailed=1IEDetailed=1Language=1033SplitterPositionCleaner=327UpdateKey=06/11/2009 10:34:11 PMWINDOW_HEIGHT=450WINDOW_LEFT=0WINDOW_MAX=1WINDOW_TOP=0WINDOW_WIDTH=620SecureDeleteType=0(App)Other Explorer MRUs=True(App)Run (in Start Menu)=True(App)Recent Documents=True(App)Search Assistant Autocomplete=True(App)Last Download Location=True(App)Delete Index.dat files=True(App)Recently Typed URLs=True(App)History=True(App)Cookies=True(App)Temporary Internet Files=True

Use Regshot from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download965.html

This is a good general purpose tool.

You use it to take a snapshot of your system (registry and files) BEFORE you do "something.exe",

and take another snapshot after you do something.

Then you tell it to compare and it creates and displays a file listing everything that happened.

This should tell you all the keys, files, and folders that are changed by cleaning.

I normally use it whenever I install something.

If I dislike the quantity of changes to registry and files I cancel the installation by restoring the precautionary C:\ image I take before installation.

Regards

Alan

Use Regshot from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download965.html

This is a good general purpose tool.

You use it to take a snapshot of your system (registry and files) BEFORE you do "something.exe",

and take another snapshot after you do something.

Then you tell it to compare and it creates and displays a file listing everything that happened.

This should tell you all the keys, files, and folders that are changed by cleaning.

I normally use it whenever I install something.

If I dislike the quantity of changes to registry and files I cancel the installation by restoring the precautionary C:\ image I take before installation.

Regards

Alan

thank you

i was looking for this kind of program... like 2 years ago lol

im gone try to find problem... if i find it, i will post it in Bug section

The problem is after deleting this files....

D:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\fla5AC.tmp 0 bytes

D:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\~DF6947.tmp 16,00KB

D:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\~DF7AF4.tmp 16,00KB

D:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\~DF859C.tmp 16,00KB

D:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\~DF9A22.tmp 32,00KB

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp 65,57KB

thank you

The problem is after deleting this files....

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp 65,57KB

Dr Watson always comes with bad news.

If something crashes it is supposed to produce an error report, hence your 65 KB user.dmp

This may remain until CCleaner runs.

After CCleaner has removed it;

run CCleaner a second time to confirm it has not regenerated;

then shut down the P.C. and restart and run CCleaner a third time to confirm it has not regenerated;

If your user.dmp often returns, something is badly wrong.

I only see a user.dmp about once a month.

When Dr.Watson runs it tends to slow down everything else - including the mouse.

Perhaps fixing it then makes the mouse faster ! !

Regards

Alan

Dr Watson always comes with bad news.

If something crashes it is supposed to produce an error report, hence your 65 KB user.dmp

This may remain until CCleaner runs.

After CCleaner has removed it;

run CCleaner a second time to confirm it has not regenerated;

then shut down the P.C. and restart and run CCleaner a third time to confirm it has not regenerated;

If your user.dmp often returns, something is badly wrong.

I only see a user.dmp about once a month.

When Dr.Watson runs it tends to slow down everything else - including the mouse.

Perhaps fixing it then makes the mouse faster ! !

Regards

Alan

thank you, that's probably the problem, but i got used to that speed with dr.watson running...