start menu shortcuts

ady4um

Analizing "START MENU SHORTCUTS", ccleaner lists shortcuts that are no longer pointing to a valid location (either the original file has been deleted, changed name, or changed its location).

I have seen in more than one occasion a program being uninstalled but leaving behind an empty folder (or a folders' tree) in the START MENU (and probably in some other locations too).

Many times I think to myself "it should be ok after a restart", but most of the times the empty (tree) folder is there after a reboot.

I would like to suggest adding this "cleaning" to the "Window -> System -> Start Menu Shortcuts" option in ccleaner.

Or maybe it could be a new cleaner's item, or maybe a new "Tool" option along with the "Uninstall" tool (so to find empty folders, wherever they are).

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to Piriform ady4urn.

I have seen in more than one occasion a program being uninstalled but leaving behind an empty folder (or a folders' tree) in the START MENU (and probably in some other locations too).

Well thats something I've never encountered. The unistaller always removes all menu items and the folder for me.

Not a bad suggestion for all the idle people out there. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best