Moderation Petition

Capman

• Moderators

Yes we need more moderators. Do I think we will get them? No because from what I can tell Mr.G dosen't read the posts anywhere but in the CCleaner discussion part of the forum.

I was a little pissed that TwistedMetal deleted that topic in hardware where we were discussing the need for moderators.

Yes, we need better/more moderation here. There is little to NO moderation of this forum at all, unless something gets reported. There are forum rules and they're not followed. People spam here, give false/bad -even malicious- information and get away with it.

• Moderators

Yes stricker moderation is needed on the forums.

When the spam/warez url linker/malicous info posts by Mr. Clean started all over the forums I PM'd MrG and stated that the forum rules need to become more hard-assed, and with three offenses someone is banned, etc., and be something that new members should agree upon. His reply was that I had made good points. Now we'll just have to wait and see, however if a great majority of members wish for stricker rules that weed out useless members like Mr. Clean that have the potential of causing havoc on someones system who would stupidly follow his instructions and actually attempt to delete 'C:\Windows' we may just get what we want.

I however don't agree with this:

This forum is dying because of the lack of moderation. To get a respectful accurate response please post your question here.

I am mystified. Why was this forum opened, and who does it belong to? If I had created this worthwhile and essential exchange of ideas for my product, I would certainly try to keep it at least between the ditches. If it degenerates to mr. clean/polish dispensing wisdom, we are all in a fix for fixes.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

• Moderators

Sorry, people can not be on the forums 24/7. Mr.G is on UK time and I work just about everyday. The matters will be taken care of, but it will take some time.

BTW, boots is no more.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

TwistedMetal you forgot to remove some of boots more offensive posts. Please do not remove the whole thread that he posted in. He posted in a couple of the more usefull ones and I dont want them to disappear.

(If your not finished yet sorry).

I await to hear what the solution to these problems are. Thanks for the post letting us know whats going on.

TwistedMetal you forgot to remove some of boots more offensive posts. Please do not remove the whole thread that he posted in. He posted in a couple of the more usefull ones and I dont want them to disappear.

(If your not finished yet sorry).

I await to hear what the solution to these problems are. Thanks for the post letting us know whats going on.

At least he can edit the posting itself that the user did.

• Admin

Hey guys... I do sometimes read these parts of the forum. ;)

I've banned that users IP address so hopefully we won't get any more crap.

Secondly I agree that we could do with another Moderator in the "Help and Discussion" part of the forum, so if you'd like to help or recommend another member for the position then either PM me or reply to this post with a reason why.

• Moderators

Glad to see things are moving forward. As has been said someone has to really WANT to do it. and have the time.

Not in any order my nominations would be,

rridgley, Capman, Tarun and Andavari.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com