comodo

hello2007

have you guys tried their software. I was suprised how good and how many features their products have(never heard of comodo untill now) and most are free too how good is that. I got there firewall with there antivirus but disabled the real-time scanner since i have avast another good product. I'm also going to try their other free products.

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

You will probably get varying responses, but i'm not personally a fan.

The firewall had issues with the system i tried it on, it may be better now.

but I'm happy with Antivir + windows firewall in Win 7 and XP

fireryone

ok guys so i installed a bunch of there things to test them out and now my computer won't even start, when i installed the antivirus and firewall and restarted the computer it worked fine but then i installed there other products on there webpage and my computer doesnt start now? i cant even get to safe mode or anything. I can only get to setup which is the f2 button in vista and f12 the boot menu. Windows is saying IT is preventing start up because there could be damage to the syatem if it starts up? it says the problem is, is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

and windows is saying to remove any recent installations i have done which is funny because i cant even get into my own computer how i am going to uninstall anything without getting into my own computer

avast, avira, malwarebytes, ad-aware, superantispyware, windows defender--------paragon, macrium reflect, ubuntu, terabyte

• Moderators

Do you have a windows cd to do a repair?

Or perhaps consider getting a friend to download and burn a ubuntu live cd for you so you can use it to boot up and get any stuff you need saving

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...ndows-computer/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Do you have a windows cd to do a repair?

Or perhaps consider getting a friend to download and burn a ubuntu live cd for you so you can use it to boot up and get any stuff you need saving

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...ndows-computer/

how does the windows repair cd look for vista?

ubuntu live cd? whats this, is it a cd that will fix my problem or just allow me to save my stuff before i reformat the computer if i went down that road

• Moderators

A windows vista cd (not the one you get with your computer to restore to factory condition with all the pre-installed software offers)

As regards the ubuntu live cd, you will be able to save all your stuff.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

so i take it that the windows vista cd needs to be bought since it didnt come with the system?

yes :(

"Unmountable Boot Volume" means that the file system is damaged.

It can also mean that the hard drive wire is dirty or a little loose.

The best way to fix this is with the windows cd. :(

But here is something that might help you...

The Paragon Rescue Kit can fix boot problems, and in case that doesn't work,

it can help you get your stuff out (which is better than downloading an entire OS like Ubuntu,

which is almost 700MB).

Paragon Rescue Kit is a 46MB download and it's free, but you need to fill a small registration form before you can use it.

(you will need a blank cd to burn the application)

• Moderators

I have used Ubuntu to do this but not tried the Paragon Rescue Kit metalj.

As you say it's a smaller download but I use Ubuntu to play with Linux anyway.

Have you tried the Paragon one metalj?

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

I have used Ubuntu to do this but not tried the Paragon Rescue Kit metalj.

As you say it's a smaller download but I use Ubuntu to play with Linux anyway.

Have you tried the Paragon one metalj?

I use ubuntu to play with linux too. :lol:

In fact, I play around with Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and even Debian. :D

Here's a tip: If you use Kubuntu to rescue data, you won't need the "how to geek" process. ;)

Yes, I have tried the Paragon kit, and it makes wonders.

It's like a screwdriver when a screw gets out. :P

• Moderators
Paragon Rescue Kit is a 46MB download and it's free, but you need to fill a small registration form before you can use it.

(you will need a blank cd to burn the application)

I didn't think I'd ever use a Paragon program again, however that rescue kit is a nice bit of software and I've made the CD with it. It's definitely a whole lot better than messing with some full Linux distro and gets to the point very quickly of either fixing things or making the copying of important files to another disk an absolute complete breeze. Thank you for posting that, it deserves to be listed in the Freeware topic here. I like it so much I'm going to link to it in my signature from now on.

it was truecrypt. I had truecryt and it wouldn't start my computer with some of the comodo products im assuming the comodo system cleaner did it. So i had to decrypt my computer from the rescue disk to work it again.

Another problem however. My computer was working fine and just today it wont start again? whats the problem now since truecrypt isn't even on now. What should i do. I didnt download anything new either it obviously is something with comodo

is this a good time to try Paragon Rescue Kit Express

ok so the paragon cd wont work. Is it possible that i can uninstall the comodo system cleaner from the command line and maybe the computer will work then

• Moderators

I have no idea if it would work but I guess it's worth a try. Was just looking at this page here about it.

Comodo products can be very stubbon when trying to remove.

http://www.pcterritory.net/2009/04/uninsta...ogram-with.html

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

edit: actually it does work never knew i needed a space on the command.

im at program files but i don't know the name for the dam comodo system cleaner

i typed comodo system-cleaner and just about everything with comodo system cleaner in it but nothing finds it

their stuff are hell uhh and i thought they were going to be great stuff to get