2.21.940 Deleteing cookies?

jfail

I am a long time user of CCleaner. It has always worked just great. In the most recent version (and possibly the previous one) I believe it may be deleteing all of my log on cookies. For example, each night before I back up I run CCLeaner. The next day when logging into my bank, forums, investments I find that I have to log in again each time I go to their websites, having to answer the security questions etc. as if the website no longer knows who I am.

If I use a web site once, answer the security questions etc., and in the same day come back to use that web site again, no problem just enter the password and good to go. If I run CCleaner Windows Cleaner that night, then next day I have to go through the whole thing again to log on to sites. I DO NOT HAVE COOKIES CHECKED in the Internet Explorer section so it should not be deleting my cookies, in fact the only box checked in that section is the Temporary Internet Files.

Maybe I am missing something, again I am a long time user and have never had this problem before.

Any help sincerely appreciated.

John

Mesa, AZ

• Moderators

Hi John, and welcome to Piriform.

Try unchecking Adobe Flash Player in "CCleaner\Applications\Multimedia", as many sites now use Flash Cookies, ("settings.sol") files to store login and settings information.

And have you changed or updated your browser recently?

Hi John, and welcome to Piriform.

Try unchecking Adobe Flash Player in "CCleaner\Applications\Multimedia", as many sites now use Flash Cookies, ("settings.sol") files to store login and settings information.

And have you changed or updated your browser recently?

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the input. I changed the flash player so I'll see what happens. I was unaware that some websites had gone to that.

No, I have not changed or updated Windows Explorer in recent memory. I never did use 8, I had it on another computer and did not like it so I am still using version 7 on this computer. I don't use the other one for websites etc.

Thanks again

John