ccleaner browser icon

lige

I had ccleaner before and it's great! I deleted it by accident today! (I am a rank amateur that knows nothing about computers ) I reloaded it but now it doesn't appear on my browser page.I checked all of the boxes which one of them was for that feature,but it's not there. I have the icon on my screen and it works fine. why won't it appear on my home page? ( yahoo ).I hope I made myself clear and please excuse my ignorance. thanks,lige

I had ccleaner before and it's great! I deleted it by accident today! (I am a rank amateur that knows nothing about computers ) I reloaded it but now it doesn't appear on my browser page.I checked all of the boxes which one of them was for that feature,but it's not there. I have the icon on my screen and it works fine. why won't it appear on my home page? ( yahoo ).I hope I made myself clear and please excuse my ignorance. thanks,lige

i'm probably not explaining it correctly. I used to have a little ccleaner icon up by the tool bar on the left top side of what ever web page I was on . right above the gold star that says favorites,right next to the red Y icon for yahoo. I could click on it from whatever web site I was on. when you download ccleaner theres a screen with options and I checked that box but it doesn't add it. I unloaded and loaded it 3 times......nada. what'd I do wrong?

• Moderators

I'm a bit puzzled as well lige, but we'll get there.

It sounds as if you had a shortcut icon in your browser, IE from the sound of it, which would run CCleaner.

Do you mean you had a "bookmark" on your browser toolbar, which loaded the forum here when you clicked it?

:)

Download the CCleaner installer again and while installing it make sure that the Yahoo toolbar is checked. :)

@ Dennis and Ishan: Where do you guys live? :lol:

I had a ccleaner icon in my toolbar,when I clicked on it,it would open the ccleaner and I could use it from whatever website I was on to delete history,cookies etc. without having to go back to my desk top screen to use it. I just now uninstalled it. down loaded it again and made sure all the options were checked including...add yahoo toolbar with ccleaner icon (not the exact wording but it's the bottom option and I made sure it was checked. I then did a restart. I have the icon on my desk top,it works,but it still is not on the yahoo tool bar.sorry to bother you folks with this but it is exasperating! help!!!

p.s. I cnotice my tool bar is locked,would that block it? probably a dumb question.

• Moderators
Download the CCleaner installer again and while installing it make sure that the Yahoo toolbar is checked. :)

@ Dennis and Ishan: Where do you guys live? :lol:

In a place where they don't have Yahoo Toolbars thankfully.

right click in a blank place of the toolbar and uncheck "lock the toolbars".

thanks a million metalj!!!!!! that did it! now i'll leave you people alone and let you get back to more important things. thanks to all.

lige

Wow, it's weird to get someone who uses the Yahoo toolbar here. If I ever accidentally install it via CCleaner I'll know what to look for. Neat to know that CCleaner is in the toolbar. Makes sense. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thing is,

For CC to properly clean cookies and cache the browser has to be closed while cleaning,

So I'm not sure how well this toolbar launched cleaning would work, unless yahoo force a restart of the browser while its cleaning...

fireryone