Firefox saved form info being deleted

arejfour

Do you mean "Username" and "Password". If so, you need to un-check Cookies.

No I'm referring to the autofill feature that fills in commonly used fields etc. By-the-way, I'm using Vista 32 bit. I also have a google tool bar but, the box is also unchecked

Just to eliminate the obvious, have you checked your Firefox settings?

Firefox > Tools > Options > History 'Remember what I enter in forms and the search bar' selected?

Private Data 'Always clear my private data when I close Firefox' deselected and/or Clear Private Data Settings 'Saved Form and Search History' deselected?

arejfour, what version of Firefox are you using? I've been having a similar problem since I updated from 3.0 to Shiretoko/3.5 (I run nightlies, so now I'm on 3.5.1pre, but this started with 3.5pre) - if I run CCleaner with all Firefox options except for Saved Form Information checked, I lose my smart location bar/Awesomebar frecencies. For example, I used to get planet.mozilla.org to pop up first in my Awesomebar results when I typed in "pla", as I visit that site at least once a day, but now after CCleaner runs (and it runs on reboot), it ends up in the middle of results list, and doesn't even come up until I type in "plan". The same settings in CCleaner don't seem to affect my Minefield 3.6a1pre installation/profile, and I have the same exact settings for Clear Recent History set in both profiles. I had Firefox set to Clear Recent History on exit, and I was clearing pretty much everything before and after upgrading. After some testing, I found that if I also uncheck Internet History in CCleaner, my Awesomebar frecencies are saved. This might fix your problem also, for now. If it does, then there's a bug somewhere between the two programs, I guess.

Just to eliminate the obvious, have you checked your Firefox settings?

Firefox > Tools > Options > History 'Remember what I enter in forms and the search bar' selected?

Private Data 'Always clear my private data when I close Firefox' deselected and/or Clear Private Data Settings 'Saved Form and Search History' deselected?

Thanks for the reply, but, everything is correct

arejfour, what version of Firefox are you using? I've been having a similar problem since I updated from 3.0 to Shiretoko/3.5 (I run nightlies, so now I'm on 3.5.1pre, but this started with 3.5pre) - if I run CCleaner with all Firefox options except for Saved Form Information checked, I lose my smart location bar/Awesomebar frecencies. For example, I used to get planet.mozilla.org to pop up first in my Awesomebar results when I typed in "pla", as I visit that site at least once a day, but now after CCleaner runs (and it runs on reboot), it ends up in the middle of results list, and doesn't even come up until I type in "plan". The same settings in CCleaner don't seem to affect my Minefield 3.6a1pre installation/profile, and I have the same exact settings for Clear Recent History set in both profiles. I had Firefox set to Clear Recent History on exit, and I was clearing pretty much everything before and after upgrading. After some testing, I found that if I also uncheck Internet History in CCleaner, my Awesomebar frecencies are saved. This might fix your problem also, for now. If it does, then there's a bug somewhere between the two programs, I guess.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not running V3.5 I'm still on V3.0+ I'll try your idea about deselecting internet history in CC. I'll let you know if that solves the problem.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not running V3.5 I'm still on V3.0+ I'll try your idea about deselecting internet history in CC. I'll let you know if that solves the problem.

I deselected internet history as you suggested and voila it works-thanks!