Firefox 3.5 Security Warning

Andavari

• Moderators

In Firefox 3.5 if enabling the option in the screenshot below it will cause all the blocked sites, cookies, etc., including those from SpywareBlaster to be removed. Sort of a security warning to those that don't know what it will do.

4167a640722851.gif

Edited by Andavari

• Moderators
Not that it pertains to me but does it also affect other Host apps?

It affects SpywareBlaster, and any blocked site images, and site cookies you yourself have entered. Probably messes with Spybot-S&D too with all the crap it puts into Firefox but I don't use it anymore to verify that statement.

So if we don't mess up with the settings or anything we're good?

Correct.

In Firefox 3.5 if enabling the option in the screenshot below it will cause all the blocked sites, cookies, etc., including those from SpywareBlaster to be removed. Sort of a security warning to those that don't know what it will do.

It would be nice if this post was viewable in a way that the warning would serve to warn non-members or members that are not signed in.

I had to log in to see the image. :(

• Moderators
3.5 tagged this...

and I couldn't care less about it. Hey, is there a way I can uninstall it? Obviously it's all grayed out here.

Just disable it in Firefox's 'Tools->Add-ons' in either Extensions or Plugins when it starts working again. I've disabled all the Microsoft plugins in my installation of Firefox. ;)

• Moderators
I disabled it long before I installed 3.5. So yes, it is disabled since then. But no uninstall option, eh?

Have you read this? (read to the end)

http://wyday.com/blog/2008/how-to-uninstal...t-from-firefox/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com