Why CCleaner don't delete files in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temp\"

Yura12

Why CCleaner don't delete files in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temp\" ???

In this folder are more temporary files by Microsoft .NET Framework after updates

• Moderators

Mine are dated even older from September 2008, and older yet April 2007. Although that whole Local Settings folder is only storing 13.6 KB (13,975 bytes) on my system.

Some nice digging you did to find it though. ;)

Please, view this image (on this image is content of folder "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temp\" after update Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 ):

for-ccleaner.png

I have the .NET Framework with all updates and my C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Temp is empty.

Did you update using Windows Update, Microsoft Update or other means?

I use WSUS server for automatic updates of Windows.

Operation system is Windows XP Service Pack 3 Russian Professional

Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 Service Pack 1 with Russian Language Pack

I use WSUS server for automatic updates of Windows.
I suspect the entries in the folder result from the method of updating, and that CCleaner does not clean that folder because it's not intended to be a network administration tool.

This is probably the same reason Newsid backup is not cleaned.

• 4 years later...

I suspect the entries in the folder result from the method of updating, and that CCleaner does not clean that folder because it's not intended to be a network administration tool.

This is probably the same reason Newsid backup is not cleaned.

My sister's laptop (Windows XP) also uses "WSUS server for automatic updates of Windows".

1 - @Glenn or anyone, do you know if there are any "network administration tool" which clean the aforementioned folder ?

2 - Is it true that I can safely manually delete all its content (obviously restart PC before and and after the delete) ?

I can't really remember right now the exact size of this folder but it is more than 5GB !!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Moderators

I doubt if Glenn is still pondering on this after four years. It's always better to start a new topic as quite a lot has moved on since 2009, including more than fifty CC releases. I really don't know how you find these old threads.