Mozilla Firefox 3.5 Final on June 30

ishan_rulz

• Moderators
For those using Tab Mix Plus, the dev build is 100% compatible with 3.5.

@Icedrake DennisD uses Winstripe Realfox. I use Winstripe Modern. Both are similar, though.

You're close Matt, but not quite there. :D

I changed to Winestripe Realfox, which is compatible with FF 3.5, but thanks to your "Nightly Tools" extension, Winestripe Modern 3.2 is now compatible, works fine, and has been my favourite for some time.

And they are very very similar.

You can disable it:

How do I turn off Location-Aware Browsing permanently?

Location-Aware Browsing is always opt-in in Firefox 3.5. No location information is ever sent without your permission. If you wish to disable the feature completely, please follow this set of steps:

* In the URL bar, type about:config

* Type geo.enabled

* Double click on the geo.enabled preference

* Location-Aware Browsing is now disabled

I have it disabled.

• Moderators

I've had to uninstall it.

It's maxing out my CPU to 100% even doing simple things like opening the options page. It took a good 6 to 7 seconds at 100% to open the advanced options while in the options page.

Removed and reinstalled previous version and all worked OK. Reinstalled 3.5 and CPU maxing out again.

Shame, because it's quick, but it isn't right for me yet.

How does the Nightly Tester Tools extension work? I apologise in advance for my stupidity. :rolleyes:

Woody

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

This extension adds a few extras useful to those that regularly test nightly builds of Firefox, Thunderbird, Sunbird and Toolkit Seamonkey (Suiterunner).

The following is a brief list of the extension's features, for the full set of features please visit the extension home page.

* Extension compatibility fixing

* Titlebar customisation

* Build ID retrieval

* Screenshots

* Breakpad information

* Restoring tabs from previous session

* Leak log analysis

So basically, if you switch from one version of FF to a newer version, and your extensions from the old version aren't working with the new version, you can use this tool to force compatibility so your extensions work in the new version.

Thanks, but how do I do that. I can't figure it out.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Install Nightly Tester Tools, and in your addons area, if you have any addons that can't run because of compatibility issues, there should be a button in the corner of the addons box next to the Find Updates button called something like Force Compatibility. Press that and restart FF, and now all of your addons should work.

If you still can't figure it out, take a look at this video:

The guy's using FF 2, but it's still basically the same procedure in FF 3.5. :)

• Moderators
I've had to uninstall it.

It's maxing out my CPU to 100% even doing simple things like opening the options page.

Maybe you should've tried the Firefox Safe Mode first (it's a shortcut in the Firefox start menu group), it could've easily been an add-on/plugin you had installed.

• Moderators

After trying the previous version with the same addons/extensions, and having no problems, I figured it had to be 3.5 for whatever reason.

It could of course have been 3.5 having some sort of conflict with an extension, but I'm happy to leave FF alone for a while.

I'll be waiting at least until the post-release patching is sorted.