Mozilla Firefox 3.5 Final on June 30

ishan_rulz

If you are a Mozilla Firefox fan, mark June 30 in your calendar. Mozilla is going to release the final version of its much awaited web browser Firefox 3.5 on Tuesday, June 30.

Simplicity is hard.

If you are a Mozilla Firefox fan, mark June 30 in your calendar. Mozilla is going to release the final version of its much awaited web browser Firefox 3.5 on Tuesday, June 30.

Big Firefox fan here!

Most of my 42 extensions aren't compatible, but the forced compatibility works fine.

That's just the thing I didn't want to hear. Is there a list anywhere of popular add-ons that do work with 3.5?

Can you elaborate or link to some info on how to force compatibility? I'm really missing the Elementary Theme which isn't compatible.

Comes bundled with the Nighly Tester Tools, but I'm sure there has to be a stand-alone extension that does the same.

All my extensions work fine. Didn't notice any difference with the previous other than the extreme responsiveness & speed.

Only thing I had to do is reinstall Google Toolbar.

• Moderators
Can you elaborate or link to some info on how to force compatibility? I'm really missing the Elementary Theme which isn't compatible.

If you can't get that theme working, you might like this one. The Winestripe I was using isn't being updated for V 3.5, but this one is very close.

I was gonna post a screenshot, but pasting the thumbnail link from PixPipeline leaves just a blank space in the post. Damn, that's weird, I can't show a screenshot at all with 3.5.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9172

EDIT: 3.5 for me is noticeably faster.

EDIT2: Using the "Nightly Testing Tools" extension, I've just made my Winestripe 3.2 theme compatible. Nice one guys, thanks for that.

• Moderators

FEBE 6.1 has an issue with 3.5, it comes from cookies.sqlite.

I found out manually deleting cookies.sqlite in the profile folder before starting Firefox, and then immediately after starting Firefox running FEBE it will make a backup without any errors.

• Moderators
Specifically, in what way, Dennis?

Pages load quicker, and it's very noticeable in this place. I've never noticed any difference when upgrading previous versions, but I can with 3.5.

• Moderators

Although the Nightly Tester Tool allows the Elementary Theme to be used the theme itself has issues like at least one missing dialog button. That was enough for me to stop using it and wait for an update.

• Moderators
Pages load quicker, and it's very noticeable in this place.

This is the only site/forum I've noticed any speed boost on since these forums have always given me loading issues since day one back in 2004. I still get loading issues, but for the last day I've noticed I haven't been getting nearly as many failed page loads.