Foxie Cleaner?

Widkidone

• Moderators

Well in any event it looks like Mr.G should protect the .exe and .dll files of CCleaner so they can't be so easily ripped off. Of course this would increase the download size a bit, and cause the program to load slower, however I would gladly put up with a bigger setup file an slower loading to stop rip off artists that are essentially just rewording a program and making some quick modifications.

Well it seems they did nothing else than made an application with a similiar purpose and a almost identical user interface.

But I suppose no code or graphics are really stolen from CCleaner.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

But since that this only deals with FireFox, i do not think that Mr G can really say say too much. I do not know! But if they would change way Foxie Cleaner looks i do not think too many people would have a huge issue about it. But it frustrates me that not just this program that many people out there cannot come up with something original. But this Foxie Cleaner does look so close to earlier version of Crap cleaner.

• Moderators
Try thinking of spyware and then it all fits together.

That's happened before with rip-off's of Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, CDex, etc. It can also be because someone is lacking in the ability or creativity to create something completely unique so they instead copy bit's and pieces from another app's look. Copying or should I say mimicking isn't just a software issue as it has been going on for decades with automobile manufacturers, electronics, etc., now there's insecure people on T.V. who are willing to get plastic surgery or whatever else it takes to look like their favorite movie star or rock star.

I ****ing hate people who do that there are so lucky i do not know how to hack a server and or web site because i would change it to when people type in that url i goes straight to CCleaner.com :D . There is a email add on this page everyone email them as many times as you can and get every one you know to do it as well and just ask why they are ripping CCleaner off.

Guest Mangix

lol

they just took the libraries for CCleaner and made their own crappy version of CCleaner. maybe they just Hex edited CCleaner to have a diffrent interface. who knows and who cares. CCleaner will always be the best no matter what

• 2 weeks later...
the design and layout of the website look like mozilla website!

seems the company(unless it's public domain) that made Foxie Cleaner steals everything. the mozilla layout, CCleaner's coding...it's just sad.

i wonder if there is a way to sue them

/me does research