2012 - The End?

ishan_rulz

Lets settle this:

On 12/22/12 I will be watching the movie 2012 and laughing at all the people who said the Mayans were right. Nobody knows except God. He takes collect calls on nights and weekends.

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

I watched the movie on Tuesday night - talk about a load of cheese!

I'll tell ya this much - the real end of the world won't be anything like a Hollywood movie, with John Cusack racing an earthquake through the streets of LA or Bruce Willis riding on and blowing up a comet or aliens blowing us to Kingdom Come, no sirree!!

Nobody knows except God. He takes collect calls on nights and weekends

Right on!

Windows 7 - Office 2010 - Internet Explorer 9

All better than the versions preceding them :D

i'll be getting my Box ready so i can hide in it

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

Lets settle this:

On 12/22/12 I will be watching the movie 2012 and laughing at all the people who said the Mayans were right. Nobody knows except God. He takes collect calls on nights and weekends.

For us atheists out here, I'd have to say that I wont be making those calls. :lol:

without dragging a religion debate into this, I'd have to say that if the world did end on that date, which I highly doubt it will, it'd be a coincidence :).

You better have a Home Depot or Lowes, etc. nearby because that's where you'll have to go in order to get rid of your spent curly-cube fluorescent bulbs. They're riddled with mercury and have a mean disposition to kill (think asbestos and lead paint) those nearby if accidentally broken.

• Moderators
Is that site for real?:

Indeed it is for real, they do contain mercury. ;)

I can only imagine the horde of lawsuits if some kids being destructive break one or more and get mercury poisoning. That's because none of those bulbs I've seen come with any warnings on the store displays or on the packaging to the potential danger. From what the news and websites have reported about them the cleanup sounds like someone needs a hazmat suit. :rolleyes:

At least it's easy to tell when they burn out, they let off a horrid smell.

Indeed it is for real, they do contain mercury. ;)

I can only imagine the horde of lawsuits if some kids being destructive break one or more and get mercury poisoning. That's because none of those bulbs I've seen come with any warnings on the store displays or on the packaging to the potential danger. From what the news and websites have reported about them the cleanup sounds like someone needs a hazmat suit. :rolleyes:

At least it's easy to tell when they burn out, they let off a horrid smell.

Now there's a thought for some law-hungry "gimmes". Bust a bulb and sue the gubmint if they neglect a single aspect of the haz-mat clean-up. I can see them rubbing their mitts right now. :rolleyes: