CCLEANER deleted my kids picks from recycle bin

foxx

I accidentally put all of my kids pictures into the recycle bin telling my self i will restore them later but then forgot and the ccleaner deleted them and I tried the recuva and it was unsuccessful in retrieving them...they were my kids pictures from the last 2 years of their lives please help me please!!!!!

IDK what to do?

desperately hoping for a solution

FOXX

When you delete things in the recycle bin, they are renamed with weird names. Try searching with Recuva for pictures in the Recycle Bin..

Piriform French translator

Welcome to Piriform Foxxy.

I accidentally put all of my kids pictures into the recycle bin telling my self i will restore them later but then forgot and the ccleaner deleted them and I tried the recuva and it was unsuccessful in retrieving them...they were my kids pictures from the last 2 years of their lives please help me please!!!!!

Why did you put them in there in the first place? Thinking I'll get them out later. :angry:

Open Recuva and go to Options and tick the Deep scan. It will take a LOT longer to scan your drive but you maybe be lucky. Oh and don't save any files to your drive in the mean time as this will reduce the chances of a good recovery.

If you find them then burn them to a CD so it won't happen again. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

When you delete things in the recycle bin, they are renamed with weird names. Try searching with Recuva for pictures in the Recycle Bin..

I did but it gave me a bunch of files the had picture codes but could not open them the were damaged it said and most of them were ones i have in there already I need them back!!! I did the search in the recycle bin and in my picture folder were they used to be but nothing and it was with recuva as well???? I want to cry!

I did but it gave me a bunch of files the had picture codes but could not open them the were damaged it said and most of them were ones i have in there already I need them back!!! I did the search in the recycle bin and in my picture folder were they used to be but nothing and it was with recuva as well???? I want to cry!

HELP ME PLEASEEEEE

Welcome to Piriform Foxxy.

Why did you put them in there in the first place? Thinking I'll get them out later. :angry:

Open Recuva and go to Options and tick the Deep scan. It will take a LOT longer to scan your drive but you maybe be lucky. Oh and don't save any files to your drive in the mean time as this will reduce the chances of a good recovery.

If you find them then burn them to a CD so it won't happen again. ;)

I was trying to delete the pick on my memory card but it automatically deleted all my picture folder and the rush was to go on my daughters school trip needed my memory card empty!!!! What a mistake!!! I did the deep scan nothing but a bunch of damaged picture files!!! Unable to open them! Nit even sure it was all of them either as I canot see what they were! HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

• Moderators

Try Recuva normal scan and sort the results on last modified date, and look at files with the date of CCleaner deletion. Or search on filename, the recycler renames deleted files to Dcnn.ext in XP and $Rnnnnnn.ext in Vista. If you find anything recover them to a flash drive.

Unless you have ccleaner set to over write the files you shouldnt have any trouble recovering them.

No fate but what we make

If you had Ccleaner set to overwrite (secure delete) the files your chances of getting them back are, unfortunately, pretty much zero.

A forensic recovery facility might be able to advise you of the likelihood. Probably cost a fair bit, though, even if it can be done.

If Ccleaner was set to "normal file deletion" the chances of getting them back using the methods above, are very good. But only if you don't go defragging/wiping/doing a lot of work on the computer. The more you do on the computer, the greater the chance of the data being overwritten.

I was trying to delete the pick on my memory card but it automatically deleted all my picture folder and the rush was to go on my daughters school trip needed my memory card empty!!!!

Were the pictures deleted from your memory card or from your computer?

If you delete an item from a removable device, the Recycle Bin for that item is actually on the device. Are you trying the recovery methods on the card connected?

Did you use the card for more photos? If so, you've probably overwritten some if not all of the previous pictures.