Windows 7 without internet explorer installed

hazelnut

That sounds good O.o

The only thing most people use IE is for surfing IE specific websites. - which is very annoying.

I'm glad Microsoft has taken such a step, though!

Simplicity is hard.

Now maybe the European Commission will understand that telling Microsoft to remove IE was not a good idea.....

I think there'll be a lot of PCs with Chrome or Safari (Apple and Google both have plenty of money...)

And a lot of confused users because they don't understand what's "Google Chrome" (what's this, does it makes my PC more resistant to impacts ?) or "Apple Safari" (maybe you can hunt apples in Africa with this ?) because they didn't know you could browse the Web with something other than IE.

Furthermore, I don't think Mozilla has enough money to pay manufacturers...

Now for the 1,000,000$ question : What'll happen if you buy a Win7 CD ? You'll have to use an USB stick to install IE/FF/Chrome/whatever ? This is silly...

I don't like IE, but removing it entirely from Windows is stupid. I think it is normal, in an OS, to have a browser.

Piriform French translator

• Moderators
I don't like IE, but removing it entirely from Windows is stupid. I think it is normal, in an OS, to have a browser.

I don't personally like it either however there's still things it has to be used for like MS Updates, and there's also still some sites that just don't work correctly in other browsers.

And while posting this Firefox pops up an update to 3.0.11 alert. :lol:

I don't personally like it either however there's still things it has to be used for like MS Updates, and there's also still some sites that just don't work correctly in other browsers.

And while posting this Firefox pops up an update to 3.0.11 alert. :lol:

You don't need IE anymore in Vista/Seven for Windows Updates ;)

In Seven, you can uninstall IE with Add/Remove Windows Features (or something like this, I don't know the name in English)

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

I wonder how removing Internet Explorer effects the capabilities of Windows Explorer, as in XP at least, they are both very intertwined.

As mentioned in a previous thread, and as I found out to my cost with some mysterious item "phoning home" with Windows Explorer, at the drop of a hat WE can become IE. Will IE still actually be there, although in it's WE guise.

Just a thought.